Does Playing In Scotland Hinder Youth Development ?

Thank you for a pleasant, interesting & informative read. Refreshing to read something new.

I think that Scotland is a good place for youth players due to our clubs finances restricting alot of clubs to small squads with alot of part-time/youth players. This of course results in a higher chance of game time, which, increases confidence and ability.

Unfortunately I think that because it is well documented that the Scottish game isn't very strong, alot of potential youth players abandon the idea of football for a stable career. I went to school (the same school as Gregg Wylde) with a few boys who I know played with/for Rangers/Celtic youth teams but chose apprenticeship trades instead of football based on money & that, for me, is a sad reality.