Guest superrcooper7

Check whats running at start up using the msconfig instruction. That an I use Ccleaner which seems to pick up all the rubbish. Only 2 I was told about anyway other than anti spyware as likely a trojan worked it's way in somewhere.

Guest superrcooper7

Yeah it is, it's a trojan that's changed your homepage. Run a decent anti spyware program, spybot, superantispyware, windows defender, most are free or can get trial versions. They should pick it up.

Check in ctr panel add/remove programs for anything there that shouldnt be and also start/run/msconfig. startup tab an uncheck anything that shouldn't be running from start up.

I have to do this to my sons all the time so went onto quite a few tech websites to investigate further.

Guest superrcooper7

Here's a webpage with instructions on how to remove but doing what i said should do it also lol

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/how-to-remove-searchqu-uninstall-guide.html

Searchqu is installed alongside a shareware or freeware applications that are often defined as adware or potentially unwanted software. Searchqu is not a virus or any other type of malicious software. It changes your default home page to point to searchqu.com, installs a toolbar and adds additional search engine called Web Search. Some users report that each time they type search terms in the top search/URL box they get redirected to searchqu.com or search-results.com. I you ended up with this rather annoying software, then you probably were not paying attention and clicked through the installer of freeware software (very often Bandoo Media, iLivid) without noticing that you had agreed to those changes. Usually, it's an opt-out choice and you should really pay more attention to various optional features during the install process. We have no evidence that Searchqu is being distributed through the use of Trojans or any other malware. It doesn't download/install malware either. Searchqu doesn't appear in the list of programs, so you can't easily uninstall it. We receive emails from various people who can't remove Searchqu toolbar completely or restore web browser's default settings (usually, search engine and home page). If you have the same problem, please follow Searchqu removal guide for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Good luck and be safe online!

Guest superrcooper7

I got it last when I installed iLivid for what it's worth.

My steps worked for me and laptop speed was back to normal immediately.

Hope some of that helps. Is a total pain in the arse!!!

I got it last when I installed iLivid for what it's worth.

My steps worked for me and laptop speed was back to normal immediately.

Hope some of that helps. Is a total pain in the arse!!!

Aye mate,I think I installed ilivid so you are on the right track. I must admit I'm useless when it comes to the technical side of computers,but I'm now in the process of down loading spybot,hopefully that sorts it. Cheers for all the tips/help from you guys. I'm not finished yet so I'll probably be back for some more help.Cheers again.

I doubt the spyware will remove as it doesn't stop it being downloaded!

Searchqu is browser hijacker that soon will make you regret for letting it inside your computer. You can get it by one of the simplest ways – together with freeware or shareware applications. It is designed to start doing what it wants immediately after successful installation, so if you have Searchqu on your computer, you should have noticed its toolbar installed without any yours permission. In addition, user is surprised by the new search engine which is called Web Search and homepage searchqu.com which is set instead of usual homepage. According to some of its victims, Searchqu may also initiate continuous redirections to the same searchqu.com. If you have been suffering from redirections, read this guide: How to fix Google Redirect Virus (browser hijacker) problem.

Follow instuctions here to remove http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-searchqu