Info on Singaporean bid for club

Here what a good mate said to me about any Singapore bid. He lives and works there

ME>>>______, how much do you know about the Ng family? They're been touted as the Singers based consortium that will try and buy Rangers

Like · · Unfollow post · See friendship

HIM>>>> _______ Nothing at all mate. There are a lot of very wealthy Singaporeans but I would have thought a better long term option would be British or even American owners, Singaporeans don't have any history of this kind of business and in business they always seem short term motivated but, I hope to be wrong. Its not making the local news here...yet

I've asked him to FB or text me the second he hears anything in the Singapore grapevine or media, and he will

Edited by Bears
I'm pwoper fick

Frankie, can you explain your Tweet:

"The gersnet exclusive on the Spore bid proves that PM and the BK's are lying bastards. You really want them in charge of our club?"

Might be being thick but I didn't pick up anything from the info that I could connect with that statement.

That's me. My nickname is Frankie.

They've done it a few times, told fibs to get people on their side. I don't like that about them.

This is the link to a Singapore based TV news outlet. I watch it all the time out here and find them very balanced and they have news up before a lot of the countries the actual news breaks in the country it's happened in. If there's significant movement with a Singapore consortium it'l be on here i'm sure

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/

Heard of any interest from your neck of the woods?

(and no I'm not trying to extract some urine)

If you refer to Germany? Nope, no info whatsoever. As I said at the time, it hit the news when it happened ... and the "world of football" moved on. For there are more "important" issues, such as national league titles (Germany, Italy, Spain, England) to cover, the odd muttering of Blatter or Platini, a superstar article on Messi et al ... these kind of things. They did a bit of unbalanced reporting (Phil Gordon being the "main British correspondent") on the Old Firm game over here, but there it stops.

The Singapore-based chap answered above.

Rangers in crisis: Far east consortium have no plans to liquidate the club

Apr 4 2012 By David McCarthy

A SINGAPORE businessman hoping to be named the preferred bidder in the battle for Rangers does NOT plan to liquidate the club.

Record Sport can reveal business magnate Bill Ng is the major figure in the Far East consortium that will make its play for Rangers, along with Paul Murray’s Blue Knight’s consortium and the Chicago-based Club 9 Sports investment fund.

All three groups have been asked by the club administrators Duff and Phelps to have their final offers on the table by the end of business today.

One of them will then be named preferred bidder and given time to carry out their due diligence.

It is understood the US bid favours liquidating the club and starting with a newco – a move that will fought by Rangers fans.

The Blue Knights are also against that and propose an exiting administration with a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

But the Singapore bid has been shrouded in mystery, leading to speculation it favours the liquidation option but last night a British-based source close to the group revealed a CVA is part of their business plan.

He said: “Ng is a seriously wealthy individual. He feels Rangers represent a fantastic marketing opportunity.

“He would take the brand out of Europe and across the globe but, in particular, to the Far East where there is serious money to be made.

“Not only Rangers would benefit. Scottish football would be taken to these new markets.

“The people behind this don’t want to conduct their business in the public eye, which is why they have not been as vocal as some of the bidders. But they are serious and honourable, respected business people.

“Reports stating they would liquidate Rangers are wrong. They have always favoured the CVA route.”

It’s understood Ng would appoint a board of directors – Scottish businessmen who support the club – to run the club and keep a tight rein on finances.

But the Singapore bid has been shrouded in mystery, leading to speculation it favours the liquidation option but last night a British-based source close to the group revealed a CVA is part of their business plan.

I wonder who that is?? :D

There will be no songs about the Chairmen if the Ng bid is successful..unless it's to sing "This is so fuck Ng easy, so fuck Ng easy"

I'll get my coat

Funnily enough I am working with a guy,originally from Singapore but is now an Australian citizen,whos' surname is Ng