Info on Singaporean bid for club

The benefit to them is? ... again, just asking, since I have no clue whatsoever.

Contact with semi big European football club. Young player exchanges, and obviously making money. To make money then they have to have a Rangers team that's winning

hahahaha. All good. Ask her if she'll be happy with you going to watch rangers pre-season out here. :D

She is desperate to get to the Ozz to see her (and my) best friend maybe we can make a pit stop.:)

She is desperate to get to the Ozz to see her (and my) best friend maybe we can make a pit stop.:)

singapore is a popular stop off on the way to Iz! Amazing city and people

By the way HOUGANG United are equivalent of Cove Rangers.

Nothing against Hougang, its a fine area although ridiculously busy at peak hour. I was driving through it 10 days ago and got so pissed off with the jam I stopped off for a second supper! :smokin:

Edited by Gribz

Just out of interest ... what tradition has football in Singapore, what tradition have Rangers in Singapore and how can the ownership of Rangers bear any fruits down there? I mean, what sort of "market" could be opened down there that would benefit Rangers, Singapore football, and, obviously, Mr. Ng?

Tradition? None what so ever. The Singapore national team was only created a few decades ago on the back of Malaysia. The national team are a mix of Malays, Singapore-Chinese and a few expats who hold national passports.

Football in general is massive but its all a fake reality and focused on glory like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. There is a huge expat community who support both Rangers and Celtic but its really not taking anything near as serious as it is in Scotland.

There is however ridiculous money here so if the deal is right it could be a big one.

As for the market, you cant buy a Rangers shirt here bar 1 shop and even then you have to ask for it, but there is Celtic shirts hanging in your face in a few shops but this is to do with makers more than anything else i.e. Nike advertise Celtic well, whilst Umbro dont even have a shop!!!