VIDEO: Watch dramatic CCTV footage of Scotland striker David Goodwillie's Stree Fight

There was a case like this here recently and the guy got off with it. It is roughly the same as the AZ keepers case, once you are sucked in then you are then no longer accountable for your actions as rage takes over thought. A bit like a crime of passion I suppose.

You're spot on Pete....

That's a bullshit defence.

Mazza, I'm sure you'll agree with Pete when you see this.

You're spot on Pete....

Mazza, I'm sure you'll agree with Pete when you see this.

Sorry maybe I should clarify. "Crime of passion" is a bullshit defence.

That video linked isn't one of them. That's defending an unprovoked attack (similar to the Swanson one). The guy in the video didn't keep attacking whilst the attacker was on the ground (something I cannot stand) and was more trying to get them away as they kept coming back at him.

I'm not against defending oneself at all, but I cannot stand to see weapons used, or someone having the shit kicked out of them whilst lying prone on the ground.

Crime of passion used to be used in defence of killing (normally a wife/female partner, but obviously it does work the other way round) a partner if they had an affair or something. The blame being laid on the victim.

Anyway that's a bit heavy for a football forum lol :D