The Race for Rangers

What might tip the scales towards the BK is if Kennedy were to become involved. If I remember correctly he didn't rule it out, just ruled out him making his own bid.

But he is also against fan ownership

What might tip the scales towards the BK is if Kennedy were to become involved. If I remember correctly he didn't rule it out, just ruled out him making his own bid.

I thought it was the other way round. He said he wants the BK's to win. But if they don;t and it looks like the new guy is gonna finish us then he'll make a new improved offer on his own.

I thought it was the other way round. He said he wants the BK's to win. But if they don;t and it looks like the new guy is gonna finish us then he'll make a new improved offer on his own.
Yeh, think that's what he meant, but I was only thinking that, given the BK bid's weak point is their limited capital, then that could be way of boosting it. In an ideal world Dave King has enough cash to ride to the rescue but he's tainted with the SARS thing.

Yeh, think that's what he meant, but I was only thinking that, given the BK bid's weak point is their limited capital, then that could be way of boosting it. In an ideal world Dave King has enough cash to ride to the rescue but he's tainted with the SARS thing.

Yeah. All three bids have alarms bells ringing. The Singapore bid's alarm is the quietest right now, by a long shot too

I think the fan groups made a mistake by lumping in with the Knights so quickly. I can understand their eagerness but they may have been better served viewing the field for a while longer.

Frankie, the supporters groups spoke with Paul Murray but also said they were open to talking to any bidder.

Frankie, the supporters groups spoke with Paul Murray but also said they were open to talking to any bidder.

I'm sure you'll concede that with your relationship to PM being so close, no other bidder was likely to be overly open with regard to what they had to offer. I think the fan groups should have kept their distance for a bit longer and not been so supportive of the Blue Knights.

I do appreciate that you've not written off any other bid either (other than encouraging people to ask questions) but I think the fans hold a lot of power here and it could have been utilised better.

As an aside, do you know what security the Blue Knights have offered Ticketus for their funding? I think it's an important point and we need to know before contributing to any share issue.

Yeah. All three bids have alarms bells ringing. The Singapore bid's alarm is the quietest right now, by a long shot too

Why ? perhaps because their getting such an easy ride especially on here.

Where's the clamber for them to identify to all the consortium members, how much is each member putting in?, will there be too great a conflict with their day job? can they devote enough of their time to the task ahead at RFC? Who's their front man in Scotland? Who are these UK Rangers men they've approached to sit on the board?

Surely if the BK's were expected to answer such questions why not Bill Ng and his cohorts?

Why ? perhaps because their getting such an easy ride especially on here.

Where's the clamber for them to identify to all the consortium members, how much is each member putting in?, will there be too great a conflict with their day job? can they devote enough of their time to the task ahead at RFC? Who's their front man in Scotland? Who are these UK Rangers men they've approached to sit on the board?

Surely if the BK's were expected to answer such questions why not Bill Ng and his cohorts?

Nope, not by me, sorry, i didn't ask the BK's any such questions or expect them