The Race for Rangers

Frankie, you know how these things work and that's not what I was saying.

Honestly I'm really not sure what you mean.

I can't see how some would know and withhold the info from their peers.

I think in every walk of life there is a hierarchy situation. don't tell what can come back and bite you on the ass. Possibly not good for the communists amongst us but is used in all walks of life.

The biggest problem for me with the Blue Knights bid and plans is that if they win the takeover bidding and get control of the club, it'll come down to the fans to keep the club afloat, not just through being loyal to buying ST's and attending games, but through being literally forced to buy into at least one share issue to heavily invest into the club in order for it to survive, but that investment will be gone in a flash and the fans will have to be asked to invest again and again if we're going to compete for the title season after season.

We'd be in a position where the fans have to invest massively just to keep the club running long enough that it can be restructured to run on 'breaking even' basis outwith Europe. This might seem like the right way forward for a lot of you, but I'm seriously worried about it as a business plan for the future.

Small clubs in the UK struggle to stay alive with fan ownership models never mind compete for silverware. The argument that Rangers have such a large fanbase that we could do it no problem doesn't wash with me because the club has huge running costs and those need to be cut back BIG TIME before the fans could keep the club going.

Where are the running cost cuts going to be made though? Clearly it would need to be mainly in the playing squad in terms of selling players on high wages who aren't willing to take huge cuts on a permanent basis and what do you end up with? A team struggling to stay in the top six or a team genuinely competing for the title every year?

I be honest here the only thing I'll be investing in is a season ticket if the price is right...Whoever takes control needs to be careful that they don't price the supporters out of renewals for their season tickets!

Edited by Gers4Life

As an aside, do you know what security the Blue Knights have offered Ticketus for their funding? I think it's an important point and we need to know before contributing to any share issue.

I believe that we are talking about personal guarantees at least to some extent, rather than actual investment, which is what bothers me so much about how the BK's deal appears to be structured.

The biggest problem for me with the Blue Knights bid and plans is that if they win the takeover bidding and get control of the club, it'll come down to the fans to keep the club afloat, not just through being loyal to buying ST's and attending games, but through being literally forced to buy into at least one share issue to heavily invest into the club in order for it to survive, but that investment will be gone in a flash and the fans will have to be asked to invest again and again if we're going to compete for the title season after season.

We'd be in a position where the fans have to invest massively just to keep the club running long enough that it can be restructured to run on 'breaking even' basis outwith Europe. This might seem like the right way forward for a lot of you, but I'm seriously worried about it as a business plan for the future.

Small clubs in the UK struggle to stay alive with fan ownership models never mind compete for silverware. The argument that Rangers have such a large fanbase that we could do it no problem doesn't wash with me because the club has huge running costs and those need to be cut back BIG TIME before the fans could keep the club going.

Where are the running cost cuts going to be made though? Clearly it would need to be mainly in the playing squad in terms of selling players on high wages who aren't willing to take huge cuts on a permanent basis and what do you end up with? A team struggling to stay in the top six or a team genuinely competing for the title every year?

Some very astute points there, mate. :tu:

Drastic wage cuts need to be made within the playing squad as there is no way we should be forking out £20k+ per week to SPL standard players. Winning the league would still be a possibility if bringing in good, young players, but if it isn't an instant success, crowds will fall away and any proposed share issue would be a non-starter unless TBK are prepared to underwrite it themselves.

I have never believed that the proposed share issue would bring in serious money , at a time of our greatest need when it was looking like we may fold I believe the saverangers fund topped around the £10-£11 million mark , I could be wrong on that amount .

That is no where near enough and I dont believe if the club were saved and lets say it is TBK , that even 75% of saverangers pledges would be followed through , we as a support have been and are apathetic , the RFFF has brought in less than half a million and this again at our worst time . sorry but fans involvement is a serious no go for me , but then its all about opinions

Edited by rbr