Club could not even afford captain's farewell gift

RANGERS could not even afford to pay for departing captain David Weirâ??s farewell gift, it emerged yesterday.

The Ibrox side commissioned Glencairn Crystal to create a personalised decanter set for the former Scotland international following his decision to leave Glasgow earlier this year.

But, three months after the 41-year-old quit the club, the East Kilbride firm is still owed £354.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/313298/Club-could-not-even-afford-Captain-s-farewell-gift

Lifted from FF:

I have spoken at length on the phone to Paul @ Glencairn Crystal (Airdrie Fan)

I offered repeatedly to clear this debt

He constantly refused and insisted that I use the money elsewhere where it's needed more

They are more than happy to sit on the debt for a long long time and take a payment for it wherever the club are back on its feet.

They are disappointed that news of their managable small debt has been used in a negative way by the Press.

Given we had over £3m in the bank when we entered administration the headline while making great copy is obviously a lie, something more akin to, "Craig Whyte declined to pay for David Weirs' fairwell gift", would be more accurate and directed at the appropriate target.