Admin Statement on SPL rule change proposals - 11/04

Hopefully we can come out of admin before next season and not be affected by any changes. The ironic thing is that if we do come out with a CVA and new owners, the likelihood of us being affected by the rules in the future is pretty small as we should be back on an even footing and being run in a proper manner.

However, what is the likelihood of one of the other clubs going into administration in the next few years and then being hoist with their own patard? I personally will relish it. Any affinity with the others clubs is completely disappearing as I can have no truck with a mob that gather round to kick someone when they are down and then nick their valuables. It reminds me of those bad Samaritans during the riots.

One day I'd like to see chairmen of Scottish clubs vote in the interests of the Scottish game as a whole instead of fully for selfish gain.

One thing I can't understand is that one minute they are at loggerheads with Celtic over TV money and threatening to resign from the league and then next thing they are being led by the nose by the tainted club.

It's interesting to note how this has been received on the dark side of the street. They think it's terrible news and indicative of a whitewash by the SPL to allow a Newco back in with "only" a 10pt deduction each season!

I hear hundreds of poorly worded, badly spelt letters are being drafted to MP's, UEFA, the SPL and any other organisation the mhanks fervently hope will ride in and expose the great pro-Rangers conspiracy.

"Resolution 2A proposes further sporting sanctions in the event that any Club undergoes an Insolvency Transfer Event (i.e. transfers its share in the SPL to a new company where this occurs because of the insolvency of the transferor) of 10 points in each of two consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event."

This apparently means that our history will remain intact as it is attached to the SPL share and is an asset to be transferred to a Newco. They aren't happy.

Edited by Juancornetto

It's interesting to note how this has been received on the dark side of the street. They think it's terrible news and indicative of a whitewash by the SPL to allow a Newco back in with "only" a 10pt deduction each season!

I hear hundreds of poorly worded, badly spelt letters are being drafted to MP's, UEFA, the SPL and any other organisation the mhanks fervently hope will ride in and expose the great pro-Rangers conspiracy.

"Resolution 2A proposes further sporting sanctions in the event that any Club undergoes an Insolvency Transfer Event (i.e. transfers its share in the SPL to a new company where this occurs because of the insolvency of the transferor) of 10 points in each of two consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event."

This apparently means that our history will remain intact as it is attached to the SPL share and is an asset to be transferred to a Newco. They aren't happy.

Agreed Juancornetto. One of the best "responses" I've heard from THEM is that the points penalty should be greater because the team that is 2nd (Rangers or Celtic) is always 20/25 pts ahead of 3rd and that is not fair... So 10 pts for everyone else and 25 pts for us... they just can't help themselves

A persecution complex is shared not only by the fans of both Glasgow teams, but also by the provincial clubs who see us as getting preferential treatment.

It's something that Scots excel in, much like the Irish.

Part of me wants us to emerge via an "Insolvency Transfer Event" now just to see the meltdown that would happen amongst the mutants. No debt, no BTC, no Ticketus. It's very appealing apart from the -75% SPL/TV money.

Same here mate but would really throw the cat in and leave for Div3 let them play around with their new rules for 3 years, see how many are still standing when we come back.

Probably meet some of them coming down on the way back up.