The ref was spot on yesterday

Fair dooz matey. I think you’re 100% wrong. We moan like fuck all the time about refs. it does my fucking head in.

Football’s simple. Score more goals than the other mob

As Jock Stein once said "If the team's good enough, the ref doesn't matter"

Fair dooz matey. I think you’re 100% wrong. We moan like fuck all the time about refs. it does my fucking head in.

Football’s simple. Score more goals than the other mob

Don't know how you can say that. I can't see how we could have complained much about that penalty as there is no case for the defence. But we've had REAL terrible decisions to complain about, like the ball being obviously over the line twice - pretty indisputable with TV replay - but we have let it go pretty quickly.

You might not agree that you'd have given a penalty there but there is no case against that it was technically correct. The only argument is about whether there should have been leniency and that one is a stretch given the advantage gained inside the box.

In fact we had terrible decisions by the officials in Europe again this season but most people completely blame the manager and players.

If football was a simple game, I doubt we'd talking about it so much.

You might not agree that you'd have given a penalty there but there is no case against that it was technically correct.

Yes there is. It has to be deliberate handball and there is a question as to whether it was deliberate or not.

Yes there is. It has to be deliberate handball and there is a question as to whether it was deliberate or not.

Is this "deliberate" rule in the laws as there are numerous pens given when handball was not deliberate but positioning/movement of the arms was not in what would be construed a natural position.

Is this "deliberate" rule in the laws as there are numerous pens given when handball was not deliberate but positioning/movement of the arms was not in what would be construed a natural position.

Extract from Fifa rule 12.

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

He doesn't want respect in the usual sense, he thinks as long as the hardcore yahoos are with him he'll be in the hotseat for life. His behaviour only reinforces their views that Celtic are discriminated against for their Irish Catholic roots.

Lennon's continual confrontational behaviour is fuelling those who are trying to promote "anti-Irish/Catholic" agenda which "they" say is rife in Scottish Society.

It is stirring up hatred in our Country where there was none and has gone beyond the realms of football.

Lennon is the unwitting leader of "those" people. People such as Ghiolla Bain and his kind. Whenever he is criticised for anything, these people merely promote it as being yet another example of anti Irishness etc.

A successful campaign of Lennon being synonymous with Celtic being synonymous with Catholicism being synonymous with Ireland being synonymous with republicanism. Criticise one of this group has now become an attack on all four.

It is now impacting on the entire politics of our whole Country who will shortly be asked to vote on Independence, or in other words Nationalism. I know that the whole matter is clouding my very own judgement when it comes down to which way to vote.

Apart from our own saga which is being milked for all its' worth, this person has dominated Scottish football almost since the day he chased Stuart Dougal at Ibrox 7 years ago. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4266062.stm when the sfa first bottled it!

How can any person keep doing what he does for 7 years and still be in place?

The SFA have a huge responsibility in my opinion, which goes far beyond Scottish Football.

Yes and it is the duty of the referee to apply a quick answer to that question and he pointed to the spot. Is there not a Fifa rule that the referee's decision is final? To me it looks deliberate and does not look like a natural accident. In the quickness of play and with an instant decision needed I can't see much justication for complaint.

My conclusion is still that there is no case.

Extract from Fifa rule 12.

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

This must be another rule where the referees can apply their own interpretation then because there have been hundreds of incidents where it could be argued the hand ball was not deliberate yet penalties were given and most agreed it was the right call.

This must be another rule where the referees can apply their own interpretation then because there have been hundreds of incidents where it could be argued the hand ball was not deliberate yet penalties were given and most agreed it was the right call.

Agreed. The Whittaker one V Spain a few years back was also a shocker