Bill Ng Deal Done?

The point with people like him is that they seem (sic!) to be the fastest to report on anything, thus they get many clicks and a certain draw. And as long as some of what they report holds an ounce of info (and/or truth), it does not matter how much conjecture or garbage is carried along the way with it. Some call it gutter press ...

Exactly :D

If SC takeover the club...I do hope they put Guys who have Rangers interests at heart on the board/chairman??

I have to admit I would prefer a healthy BK style take over with Rangers guys at the helm but if Bill Ng gets his hands on Rangers hopefully he will be clever enough to hire Rangers/Scottish businessmen to run things? Has he not stated this in an interview??

On a sidenote and in relation to this news in the Independent, what is this 500k fee about?

The Blue Knights consortium, spearheaded by former Rangers director Paul Murray, were offered the chance to enter into exclusive talks with administrators Duff and Phelps over concluding a deal.

But, during a delay in attempting to raise a £500,000 fee to do so, their financial backers Ticketus, the investment firm whose money financed Craig Whyte's takeover of the club last May, with funding set against revenue from future season ticket sales at Ibrox, agreed a deal with the Singapore group that the Blue Knights claim they cannot match.

Does this say that if TBK had raised the 500k, they would have been named preferred bidders, no matter what the other bids are saying? Like a "daylight robbery" sort of bribe to jump ahead in the queue? When D&P should have the interest of the creditors to look after? Well ...

I have to admit I would prefer a healthy BK style take over with Rangers guys at the helm but if Bill Ng gets his hands on Rangers hopefully he will be clever enough to hire Rangers/Scottish businessmen to run things? Has he not stated this in an interview??

Ng has stated that he has a board of UK based businessmen, who are also Rangers fans already lined up....however, he hasn't released ANY name either of his consortium or the proposed board members.

"Craig is our European football expert and keeps a keen eye on all the happenings in the football's home continent." ... aye right! He looks like a 16-year old who just managed to find out how to do C&P ...

I agree mate. I just put it out there.......................

On a sidenote and in relation to this news in the Independent, what is this 500k fee about?

The Blue Knights consortium, spearheaded by former Rangers director Paul Murray, were offered the chance to enter into exclusive talks with administrators Duff and Phelps over concluding a deal.

But, during a delay in attempting to raise a £500,000 fee to do so, their financial backers Ticketus, the investment firm whose money financed Craig Whyte's takeover of the club last May, with funding set against revenue from future season ticket sales at Ibrox, agreed a deal with the Singapore group that the Blue Knights claim they cannot match.

Does this say that if TBK had raised the 500k, they would have been named preferred bidders, no matter what the other bids are saying? Like a "daylight robbery" sort of bribe to jump ahead in the queue? When D&P should have the interest of the creditors to look after? Well ...

From the Admins statement:

"We were therefore surprised that their offer to pay an exclusivity fee was withdrawn and although discussions over the exclusivity fee continued over the weekend, no agreement was reached.

BK's saying that they were offered the chance to pay the exclusivity fee & achieve preferred bidder status, but the Admins statement reads as if TBK's offered to "buy" preferred status, then withdrew. TBK's also claiming that agreement was reached, Admins saying it wasn't.

It think its a case of TBK's not measuring up financially, then backing away while trying to save face.