Imagine - The Dream is over

I must admit' date=' an option like the BK's would have been my preferred option but by all accounts Ng is keen to get a British/Scottish based board together to run the ship if he gets control. Who's to say that some of the BK's won't be approached?[/quote']

The Blue Knights strength was that they were gonna give a voice to the voiceless masses of Rangers fans - I'm sure they will get the help from Paul Murray if they want it, my point is this: there's a lot of old dreamers (mid 50's on) that can see the BIG PICTURE yet here we go again switching on to Sunny and Cher when we should be chucking the tranny out the window!

Personally, I feel supporting Rangers is hard, in a way that's why we do it, but when you get to a certain age you want it to get easier! I will never support a 'newco' not in a million yrs, but that's direction it's heading. For me it's like Bill Murray stepping into that puddle, except that sooner or later it won't just be a puddle it'll be an articulated lorry!

Even if we avoid liquidation they'll be a drop in support as (at some level) the older fans will be struck with apathy that will be hard to shake off! It's always wise (when fighting the good fight) to look for positives but some of us have been round the block a few times - that's where the apathy will come in...

Hard reading RM etc with people pushing personal agendas against Mark Dingwall etc - really we should be beyond insulting a man for his weight and personal likes/dislikes. Despite Mark being a Tory I understand the important thing is Rangers, it's the feelings we share that should be important, he would've done a great job representing the fans if he was chosen!!

As a wee boy I cried my heart out when we lost the final of the ECWC in 1967 - hearing the news that TBK's are out of it brings those old feelings to the fore, yes supporting Rangers is hard!

Too hard?

I'm just about all done in - but no doubt if we survive, the No Surrender spirit will return again...

A touch more on topic ... who is to say that Ng (or any other new "owner") won't be open to the idea of a membership scheme, if only to initially raise money? If the right people approach him with a right concept, I think reason will prevail with people like him. Rather than some pompous good old British-style would-be-king chairman.

A touch more on topic ... who is to say that Ng (or any other new "owner") won't be open to the idea of a membership scheme, if only to initially raise money? If the right people approach him with a right concept, I think reason will prevail with people like him. Rather than some pompous good old British-style would-be-king chairman.

I don’t think for one second Ng is showing all his cards. it’s not the way people work out here.

I think the Bks were going to be dependent on some kind of share issue to fund their ambitious plans. No harm in that but the timescale of organising and getting a share issue up and running was just too great. the SPL sanctions that will be pushed through for the start of the new season pushed them out of the picture as much as the singapore deal with ticketus did.

But the fact that they struggled to 500,000 quid whilst trying to buy the club is quite laughable. All talk and no walk im afraid. Basically their plan was to run up more debt till the fans chipped in. thats not what we need right now.

The SC seem to be the only ones with any real financial backng to fund their plans for the club should they win. It will be a travesty if they arent the prefered bidder.

FINALLY someone agrees with me on it. It's like your the mad cat-bin lady if you say anything about Saint John ffs.

You're entitled to your P.O.V. I don't share it!

He did have a spell when he (alongside Harry N etc) were out of their skulls on drugs and during those spells he kept getting visits from the NY terrorist lovers and fell for their crap, but if you're not brought up with a Rangers or Proddie background it would be easier to fall prey to that mob!

As for pissing where he fell dead - well if you've that kinda mentality I'd say poor show from you!

What made John a good person is that he wasn't a saint and I'm sure when he was sitting there penning Watching The Wheels he understood the mistakes he made and would've been disappointed he fell for that romanticised IRA crap! Hey, that's life if you jump in head first you end making a fool of yourself, and he certainly wasn't afraid of that!

I do despise Lennon, but not that one!

You're entitled to your P.O.V. I don't share it!

He did have a spell when he (alongside Harry N etc) were out of their skulls on drugs and during those spells he kept getting visits from the NY terrorist lovers and fell for their crap, but if you're not brought up with a Rangers or Proddie background it would be easier to fall prey to that mob!

As for pissing where he fell dead - well if you've that kinda mentality I'd say poor show from you!

What made John a good person is that he wasn't a saint and I'm sure when he was sitting there penning Watching The Wheels he understood the mistakes he made and would've been disappointed he fell for that romanticised IRA crap! Hey, that's life if you jump in head first you end making a fool of yourself, and he certainly wasn't afraid of that!

I do despise Lennon, but not that one!

I never said anything about pissing where he died...

Sorry IDGAF about excuses for drugs etc. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

But the fact that they struggled to 500,000 quid whilst trying to buy the club is quite laughable. All talk and no walk im afraid. Basically their plan was to run up more debt till the fans chipped in. thats not what we need right now.

Very laughable indeed even more so if there was a scintilla of truth in it.

Simple fact is they had agreed to pay the fee, to say they couldn't raise £500k if frankly bullshit.