Imagine - The Dream is over

I do have a soft centre and imagined and dreamed that we, like Hamburg etc were READY to make that leap of faith in ourselves!

Hamburg are really struggling in the Bundesliga.

They've been getting steadily lower league finishes for about the past 5 years and this year they are in a relegation battle.

Their average finishing place in the league since the turn of the century is about 7th or 8th and this season could be their worst finish in over a decade.

They haven't been German champions for almost 30 years.

Maybe their club is well run and their fan ownership model has made them financially sound, I really don't know.

What I do know is that despite having an amazing support and a nice large stadium with superb attendances, their club is not getting any success.

The utopian dream of fan ownership of Rangers (if it were to come to fruition), would never guarantee a successful club, so be careful what you wish for.

Whyte also spent money on the due diligence. However, he didn't go through the whole thing and become Scotland's most hated man for no payoff. I can't see him leaving voluntarily without at least a couple of million for his troubles.

I'm personally hoping it's no more than that...

He may well have spent money on it but who actually paid it? I'd hazard a guess it was not Craig Whyte.

anything less than a BIG FAN INVOLVEMENT would bring us back to this point again... and it will!

Big fan involvement was central to the BK's bid - simply coz they didn't have the money to fun the running of the club themselves.

They would have started with a loan from Ticketus to cover them initially until the share issue, then use money from the share issue to firstly pay back ticketus, the whatever left being used to run the club.

The reason I don't think Ticketus put up the £500k was possibly due to not having a guarantee of getting it back!!! If the BK's didn't win control, who was going to pay the £500k???

It at least appears that Miller & Ng have funds available without securing further loans/debts. Ng has previously stated the the funds required are already in place!!!

Hamburg are really struggling in the Bundesliga.

They've been getting steadily lower league finishes for about the past 5 years and this year they are in a relegation battle.

Their average finishing place in the league since the turn of the century is about 7th or 8th and this season could be their worst finish in over a decade.

They haven't been German champions for almost 30 years.

Maybe their club is well run and their fan ownership model has made them financially sound, I really don't know.

What I do know is that despite having an amazing support and a nice large stadium with superb attendances, their club is not getting any success.

The utopian dream of fan ownership of Rangers (if it were to come to fruition), would never guarantee a successful club, so be careful what you wish for.

Re them not having success. That can be misleading in terms of who owns and controls a club! What it comes down to is ambition and that's where your linkage falls short.

As a fanbase we are very ambitious and would never settle for mediocrity. I feel the only way to plug the financial gap between what we pay good players and our income is to increase the capacity at Ibrox. Now, before folk rush to let me know we're skint I DO KNOW THAT! What it will come down to is a realistic appraisal of our situation and that means a good manger and playing youngsters for quite a few seasons to finance that, it'll mean the manager and board coming out at the outset to make it clear a period without trophies (probably) lay ahead.

Fans need to look at the situation realistically and if they really want success they need to play a canny game - there is nothing Rangers do better than playing the underdogs and the right attitude can pay huge dividends. If the fans don't like it then we should give them the choice of paying some sort of extra levy or do it our way.

You get what you pay for in this world, and for far too long our fans have been DEMANDING success by spending money we don't really have - we either have a medium to long term view or we continue down the same road that leads to the same place! In other words we'll see just how ambitious our fans are - TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK!

Big fan involvement was central to the BK's bid - simply coz they didn't have the money to fun the running of the club themselves.

They would have started with a loan from Ticketus to cover them initially until the share issue, then use money from the share issue to firstly pay back ticketus, the whatever left being used to run the club.

The reason I don't think Ticketus put up the £500k was possibly due to not having a guarantee of getting it back!!! If the BK's didn't win control, who was going to pay the £500k???

It at least appears that Miller & Ng have funds available without securing further loans/debts. Ng has previously stated the the funds required are already in place!!!

As did Whyte!

There's a lot of guesswork in your write up there so I'll give you some too! I think they did have the £500k I just think their main concern was not giving these thieves (Admin) more excuses to drag their feet, ie they understand the importance of speed! To prove my point (well, it's how I see it) they've stated TBK's were in a good position and hoped they'd reconsider!

Some body is gonna have to force these people to walk away - if Millar withdraws don't be surprised if they find more pre texts to stall! If these guys were painters and decorators we'd have seen them in crimewatch!

There's a lot of guesswork in your write up there so I'll give you some too! I think they did have the £500k I just think their main concern was not giving these thieves (Admin) more excuses to drag their feet, ie they understand the importance of speed! To prove my point (well, it's how I see it) they've stated TBK's were in a good position and hoped they'd reconsider!

Guesswork & summation are pretty much all we have just now. However, some is from fantasy, some is based on what info/facts are available.

If the BK's had the £500k - why would that initially try to get it from Ticketus??? The "facts" as we have them say that Ticketus refused to give them the cash, then over the course of the weekend, the BK's did manage to raise the required funds from consortium members. Then withdrew - WHY???

Having 3 bidders at the table is far healthier than having 2....hence why the admins would want them to reconsider. If the BK's understand the importance of speed...why not just pay the money & get on with it???

Guesswork & summation are pretty much all we have just now. However, some is from fantasy, some is based on what info/facts are available.

If the BK's had the £500k - why would that initially try to get it from Ticketus??? The "facts" as we have them say that Ticketus refused to give them the cash, then over the course of the weekend, the BK's did manage to raise the required funds from consortium members. Then withdrew - WHY???

Having 3 bidders at the table is far healthier than having 2....hence why the admins would want them to reconsider. If the BK's understand the importance of speed...why not just pay the money & get on with it???

The less options you have the easier the choice - that's why they whittled it down to three bidders! If even D&P understand that then surely it's obvious?

When I go into the shop to buy a bike it takes me an eternity - the process gets simpler because I whittle it down to 3 or 4 but when I get it down to 2 then it's sorted pretty quick!

Ticketus claimed they had a better deal on offer from Ngs' consortium than the one previously negotiated with the BKs, BKs declined to better the deal Ticketus had told them they had and stood aside to let the better deal go forward, pretty simple scenario really.