Administrators Statement - 19/04/12

Duff & Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement tonight.

David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: "We have had a series of constructive discussions with bidders. We have made it crystal clear to them all that to announce a preferred bidder we need definitive, unconditional bids on the table.

"It is also important to let fans know that at this stage there is a world of difference between people indicating their intentions - even though they are well meaning - and putting them in black and white.

"We understand there are complex issues for bidders to deal with and we do not doubt that all parties want to attain control of the football club. We understand also that those interested in buying the Club are working hard to resolve all outstanding issues.

"We are continuing to make representations to all stakeholder groups - including the football authorities - to give clarity on outstanding issues which will help existing bids move to unconditional status."

Source: RFC website

You know if you asked some Rangers fans i'll bet quite a few would say "just put the names in a hat and feeking draw one..." Well, it's getting that way!

I think you are right. We are so exnausted and emotionally drained that we just want it to end, almost to the point we dont care which bidder gets it, just so long as one does and we can actually move forward !

As I have said quite a few times. It is not as easily done as a player transfer or somesuch - though if I say Jelavic and Goodwillie, that may wake a few up on here. Every legal stuff takes its time, most of it will have to be done in writing, and I mean legally binding and correct writing. It has to follow certain guidelines, and I assume administration guidelines - not least with regards to the minefield left behind by SDM, Whyte and Lloyds - are pretty strict indeed. Other clubs have been in administration for years (Motherwell?) and survived. IMHO, the admins are actually pressing for a quick solution with all their deadlines and somesuch, to force the bidders hands. If, in the time being, Ticketus et al change their opinions or court cases against Whyte et al make an impact, the whole process may get further delays ... who again follow a strict code of conduct. And I'm only guessing here and sure don't want to paint the admins in a better light than they deserve.

Ever since the age of internet and quick access to news fell upon us, people have become impatient and want all the info they can as quickly as possible and expect that much of what is being written here, there, and everywhere is actually the truth, or at least partly true. The big problem is that to keep up with this demand, you get a lot of info that is - at best - half truth, peppered with a great deal of assumption and conjecture from the media. Day in and day out. No wonder the hysteria levels you encounter with each and every bad news nowadays.

Edited by der Berliner

As I have said quite a few lines. It is not as easily done as a player transfer or somesuch - though if I say Jelavic and Goodwillie, that may wake a few up on here. Every legal stuff takes its time, most of it will have to be done in writing, and I mean legally binding and correct writing. It has to follow certain guidelines, and I assume administration guidelines - not least with regards to the minefield left behind by SDM, Whyte and Lloyds - are pretty strict indeed. Other clubs have been in administration for years (Motherwell?) and survived. IMHO, the admins are actually pressing for a quick solution with all their deadlines and somesuch, to force the bidders hands. If, in the time being, Ticketus et al change their opinions or court cases against Whyte et al make an impact, the whole process may get further delays ... who again follow a strict code of conduct. And I'm only guessing here and sure don't want to paint the admins in a better light than they deserve.

Ever since the age of internet and quick access to news fell upon us, people have become impatient and want all the info they can as quickly as possible and expect that much of what is being written here, there, and everywhere is actually the truth, or at least partly true. The big problem is that to keep up with this demand, you get a lot of info that is - at best - half truth, peppered with a great deal of assumption and conjecture from the media. Day in and day out. No wonder the hysteria levels you encounter with each and every bad news nowadays.

Definitley true about this being an age where people are impatient. I mind seeing a film review thingy a wee while ago and the Producers and Directors of films were saying that if they didn't get the attention of the viewers within the first few minutes the film tends to flop, wonder how many good films have fallen by the wayside because of that.

The thing that confuses me is that surely after the first 'round' when the bidders put in revised bids it would just be a matter of the paperwork involving shorts pieces for amendments? (ie same as offer of xth of March, with the exception of the following...)

Same with Brian Kennedy, i'm sure the fella just wanted his bid aired in case they were about to make a decision for one of the ones wanting Liquidation, and it'd be a case of the bid will be delivered to your offices first thing tomorrow morn.

Is that too simplistic?

Surely they're not gonna read the entire offers again... Tick tock, tick tock...

Guest Dutchy

Wonder what the new stalling tactic will be next week.

Ah yeah, buy a Duff & Phelps fleece for the summer!

What do you mean no one want to be fleeced up in the summer???

Wonder what the new stalling tactic will be next week.

Ah yeah, buy a Duff & Phelps fleece for the summer!

What do you mean no one want to be fleeced up in the summer???

I am coming round to your way of thinking Dutchy.....

As you know I was supportive of Duff & Phelps, but I am starting to think they are doing a hatchet job on us.

I hope I am wrong though :(