John Bennett Withdraws from The Blue Knights Consortium

You should know by now that this forum is a place for adults - a place where all issues and opinions can be discussed maturely.

I'd suggest that BH has made a serious error of judgement in publicising his problem with Mr Bennett. Now, we could have deleted that error of judgement or we could discuss the point he was making in our usual sensible way. I'm not sure anyone would have gained from hiding the issue. If anyone has lost out from this farce, it's BH as his own reputation is taking a hiding right across the Rangers supporting community. Deservedly so in my view.

As for those elsewhere taking a gratuitous and ill-informed pop at this forum (or indeed myself) because of this issue, well that's also rather disappointing. Neither this forum (or myself) profess to be perfect but we will never apologise for promoting open discussion and encouraging a wide range of topics and opinions. Not doing so would be the wrong thing to do as I've never seen a bear online incapable of defending their opinion or themselves where appropriate.

I think it was no more than boardroom politics and had nothing to do with benefitting the club, my moral compass tells me it is and was shameful behaviour if others disagree so bee it.

I think it was no more than boardroom politics and had nothing to do with benefitting the club, my moral compass tells me it is and was shameful behaviour if others disagree so bee it.

Clearly most people have concluded that BH's intervention was neither required or suitable for publicising.

That's the beauty of open debate.

Time to move on I think.

I think it perfectly reasonable that, in his professional capacity, BH would not want Mr. Bennett to have any outside distractions. There are not many who have the ability, as BH has, to hold down two important roles at the same time.

The hypocrisy in this statement flabbers my gast.

I would wager that bossy is posting in a sarcastic nature. Could be wrong though :thup:

In all seriousness.

When I read the contributions of BH including the original letter and his subsequent efforts, I see an individual who is extraordinarily caught up with himself to the exclusion of what others might see as good judgement. The original letter is all about 'look at me I am an important client' and his subsequent publicising of it on a Rangers forum seems to be more about congratulating himself than any love of the club. I cannot help feeling that his actions are more about self-aggrandisment than anything else. Whether his intervention with Mr Bennett and his employer had a substantive impact on the decision to withdraw from the Blue Knights we will never know. Personally, I doubt that BH has sufficient funds under management to make a material difference to the fund that Mr. Bennett manages.

One really has to question BH's judgement. Did he really think that it was a good idea to advertise on a Rangers forum that he had intervened to try to scupper a member of the Blue Knight consortium? Did he actually imagine that other Rangers supporters might admire him for his actions? There have been many criticisms of the Blue Knights but I think we all recognise that they are Rangers supporters who are trying to do something for the future of the club. In that context, BH's actions are a disgraceful act of disloyalty towards the Rangers family. BH may be a Rangers supporter. But his love for himself clearly transcends any love for the club.

In all seriousness.

When I read the contributions of BH including the original letter and his subsequent efforts, I see an individual who is extraordinarily caught up with himself to the exclusion of what others might see as good judgement. The original letter is all about 'look at me I am an important client' and his subsequent publicising of it on a Rangers forum seems to be more about congratulating himself than any love of the club. I cannot help feeling that his actions are more about self-aggrandisment than anything else. Whether his intervention with Mr Bennett and his employer had a substantive impact on the decision to withdraw from the Blue Knights we will never know. Personally, I doubt that BH has sufficient funds under management to make a material difference to the fund that Mr. Bennett manages.

One really has to question BH's judgement. Did he really think that it was a good idea to advertise on a Rangers forum that he had intervened to try to scupper a member of the Blue Knight consortium? Did he actually imagine that other Rangers supporters might admire him for his actions? There have been many criticisms of the Blue Knights but I think we all recognise that they are Rangers supporters who are trying to do something for the future of the club. In that context, BH's actions are a disgraceful act of disloyalty towards the Rangers family. BH may be a Rangers supporter. But his love for himself clearly transcends any love for the club.

I have to agree with most of this post, although i have read many of BH's threads and posts over the year and he does not come across as the type to crave attention. But i feel his business issues should have been separated from his forum/Rangers interests on this occasion

Guest Nacho's his name

I'm still here and I'll stay here, I said earlier the reason I'm here is because of this person but it's better being on several bear sites rather than sticking to the one because of the apparent agendas some sites seem to push.

I'm not sure your motives in defending him but the OP's motives are (un)clear to everyone. Actions which are detrimental to our club shouldn't be defended, it's good the support get to see the type of people who supposedly support us, those who apparently have influence.

If we get through all this and the ideal of supporter ownership happens, I want everything to be transparent otherwise it's a total and utter sham. The one thing all of this tells us is we can't trust anyone, even some of our own.

Those who apparently have influence should fall on their own swords, if the OP doesn't make a sizeable contribution towards the RFF and also make a public apology he should never visit Ibrox again.

Maybe my own opinion but I'd bet the majority of our support believe the same

Yeh? So? They'll be gone.

Not a slur against gersnet Zap.

Those who apparently have influence should fall on their own swords, if the OP doesn't make a sizeable contribution towards the RFF and also make a public apology he should never visit Ibrox again.

Who are you to say someone should never visit Ibrox again?