Rangers in the 3rd Div

IF we're liquidated:

No Euro income in the SPL for 3 years

75% prize money forfeit in the SPL

20+ points deduction in the SPL

+ Playing kids so mid table at best

There's absolutely no guarantee that the SPL proposals on rule changes will be voted through and even if some of them are voted through it might not be the worst ones.

There's absolutely no guarantee that the SPL proposals on rule changes will be voted through and even if some of them are voted through it might not be the worst ones.

Quite true. And if that's the case then I'd probably take a different view, but based on current proposals, I think it does our interests no harm at all to let the SPL know that we'd have very little to lose from choosing Div 3. I think that's what Ally was doing with that statement quite deliberately.

Costs reduced by more than income falls = profit.

We wouldn't retain any of the current big earners as you wouldn't need to to win Div 3 or 2.

Income would fall dramatically too. The up-keep of Ibrox and Murray Park would also be a huge drain on finances. If Div. 3 was such a draw, we would have gone years ago.

Income would fall dramatically too. The up-keep of Ibrox and Murray Park would also be a huge drain on finances. If Div. 3 was such a draw, we would have gone years ago.

Income drops? Most income will be generated via attendance figures, as it is now. So it is up to the Bears to follow the team. There will sure be a wage cap introduced, e.g. 5k for top earners. Hence the wage bill will be less and the "upkeep" of Ibrox and MP are paid for. If not, a membership scheme or share issue could do the trick. Or some money out of the owners' pockets, for a change.

There never was a draw of a lower league and sure none to make money. Maybe you keep from twisting other people's tongues.

As for these proposals ... in the current climate, nothing would surprise me. That said, if the follow through with this, they sign up their clubs' death certificates along the way.

Income drops? Most income will be generated via attendance figures, as it is now. So it is up to the Bears to follow the team. There will sure be a wage cap introduced, e.g. 5k for top earners. Hence the wage bill will be less and the "upkeep" of Ibrox and MP are paid for. If not, a membership scheme or share issue could do the trick. Or some money out of the owners' pockets, for a change.

There never was a draw of a lower league and sure none to make money. Maybe you keep from twisting other people's tongues.

As for these proposals ... in the current climate, nothing would surprise me. That said, if the follow through with this, they sign up their clubs' death certificates along the way.

Ok, what do you think the attendance figures will be? Have you got a clue what wages are on offer down there? 5k wage cap, ffs.

Ok, what do you think the attendance figures will be? Have you got a clue what wages are on offer down there? 5k wage cap, ffs.

Very hypothetical alls this, but since you ask.

As I wrote, the attendance figure are our job. I would assume that ticket prices will drop, but whether the Bears will manage e.g. 20k at Ibrox is in our hands. I think the wages of Albion Rovers et al are not exactly our concern. Our concern is to get back into the SPL and thus we have to get or keep players capable of achieving this. If they beat the rest by 5 or more goals each week and get promoted before x-mas, all the better. The 5k was just an example. If decent people accept less, so be it. BTW, it could well be that D&P rake in 20odd million in November, which would go a long way to finance the team, even if we don't get all of that money.

Will stop the ifs and buts and maybes for now though. We can dispair once we are actually there, which is a long way off.

As would I Danny but unless there's a massive change in the corridors of power it ain't happening.

Then again here's one from leftfield if Liewell really has an endgame to get the Mhanks to England when/if we go Div3 and he claims no competition or whatever. He sets a precedent and when we get back to the SPL or whatever is left we can also do the same thing. Or is that to far fetched

I have actually been thinking along the same lines myself.

Liewell is a rat but he is a calculating rat who will do whatever he can to one up Rangers and if that means trampling all over them leaving them for dead all the better.

I detest this breath stealing bastard and his part,which is massive,in all these SFA sanctions against Rangers.

Never forget him and TLB doing the tours of bars and Clubs two years ago with the Siege mentality boast.

The biggest reason for staying in Scotland is that we are Scotland's most successful football club and if we stay in Scotland we have the chance to not just retain that honor, but build on it through winning more Scottish silverware. We can't do that if we don't play in Scottish football.

I hear you completely, but the SFA and the actions of the bureaucracy in this country have made our stay here untenable.

Only tonight it appears the authorities are giving Ally pelters for his comments about the SFA panel, leading apparently to police intervention. Yet when Lennon does it he by and large gets away with it, and sure as hell no police get involved. Didn't see any cops involved with the knife incident aimed at Findlay, but they went mental regarding the bomb towards Lennon.

The authorities, in this country, are showing increasing disdain for Rangers and a bizarre pro-Celtic agenda.

You guys all know I'm the last one to ever buy into conspiracy theories, but given this season, I'm finding it harder to keep my head above water.

I know quite a lot of fans are thinking like yourself that if we're to take the newco/liquidated route that we should move to England, but I don't agree. Even if we were allowed entry to the lower English league system, working our way up through the leagues would take a long time because it wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as people think it would. We'd be playing in the back waters for a decade and for what?

My goal would personally be to spend the 5 years working through the leagues to achieve Championship status. Develop in there, build up a solid financial base, and then eventually get promotion when we're ready and capable.

PS: We are currently playing in the backwaters. The only time we don't is when it's against Celtic.

The SPL is no higher than League 1 level.

So that we can get to the Championship and EPL where almost every club has an unsustainable wage bill and they all live in a bubble that's about to burst any year now?

People have been saying the English bubble is about to burst for about 5 years. Truth is it just keeps getting stronger.

I'll tell you when we should pounce on a move to English football... When their bubble DOES burst! I'd only be happy doing it if both ourselves AND Celtic moved as part of the same deal though because then our Scottish records would remain unbeaten by the clatty clan.

Our history will remain. You know why? Without us, Celtic will falter - they'll no longer have the TV revenue, and they'll lose a lot of fans simply because there's no Rangers for them to hate any more. A lot of their players will leave given they won't have the same income to pay the high wages, and after a while they'll be at a similar level to the rest of the league. I cannot see Celtic remaining at their current level indefinitely if Rangers are not there as the flip side of the coin and all we bring to the SPL.

It might be possible to buy a small English club and merge Rangers into it, but it would be a complicated and unpopular option.

Not an option I'm fond of.

Good post though Zaps, all good points you've made.

I dont have a problem with newco or starting in Div 3. It would be starting afresh and building back the empire!! Its more all about who is behind it. Its not like Wimbledon who relocated city and changed name altogether. We'd still be the same institution, same stadium, same manager, same players (those who dont leave - but players come and go regardless), SAME FANS.

Not long ago we were discussing stadium sponsorship and thinking what if Ibrox was renamed yet to most it would still be Ibrox.

If everyone at the club disappeared elsewhere and we were called Govan United or something with a completely different background / staff / stadium / colours then thats a different thing altogther....or is it!? Man Utd fans started another club in case the Glaziers run them into the ground.

As for titles and history. That cant be changed. Id look at is as if we won the race.

Titles: Rangers 54 Celtic 43

Years in Top Flight (since start of SFA league and SPL): Rangers 122 Celtic 122......If Celtic count continues they would need more years than us to achieve what we did.