Scott Brown deliberately trying to injure Sone Aluko - One for Lunny

Does he need to ?

In accepted social etiquette where I come from the answer is, "Yes".

Apologising for injuring another party in some way is normal even if the injuring is accidental. Not only is it a gesture of contrition for the injury caused, it gives the implication that there was no malice intended and it was indeed purely involuntary.

Not apologising gives a big suggestion that either the act of injury was deliberate or due to not caring about the injury the person doing the injuring could be deliberately reckless about the well-being of others around them implying an insufficient duty of care to others around them.

However, he is "entitled" to not apologise and is not legally obliged to do so... :fish:

It all depends on your moral code and whether it is based on philosophy or legality.

In accepted social etiquette where I come from the answer is, "Yes".

Apologising for injuring another party in some way is normal even if the injuring is accidental. Not only is it a gesture of contrition for the injury caused, it gives the implication that there was no malice intended and it was indeed purely involuntary.

Not apologising gives a big suggestion that either the act of injury was deliberate or due to not caring about the injury the person doing the injuring could be deliberately reckless about the well-being of others around them implying an insufficient duty of care to others around them.

However, he is "entitled" to not apologise and is not legally obliged to do so... :fish:

It all depends on your moral code and whether it is based on philosophy or legality.

I disagree. You are trying to apply normal every day principles to a football pitch. I dont think it is as straight forward as that.

Would you expect every accidental collision or connection on a pitch to be followed with an apology ? I dont.

I disagree. You are trying to apply normal every day principles to a football pitch. I dont think it is as straight forward as that.

Would you expect every accidental collision or connection on a pitch to be followed with an apology ? I dont.

No, not all of them, but the big ones like that one - hell yes. If someone did that to me and didn't apologise, and had the demeanour of Brown, then I be struggling not to try and put the boot into them later. If I did that to someone, I'd be apologising even if I couldn't stand them. I'm definitely talking football and not otherwise.

Brown didnt have his eyes on Aluko, was watching the ball. I never saw the incident at the time but he probably then continued to play. How would his manager (not a good example... how would you feel if you were his manager) feel if he had accidentally stepped on someone and stopped to apologise.... in the meantime your opponents by-pass you and score ?

Would you be happy he had done that ?

I just dont see it as being as simple as "he didnt apologise therefore he meant to do it". That, to me, is a wholly simplistic view.

Only my opinion but I think you are clutching at straws Zappa.

Take a look at where Brown is looking when he makes contact with Aluko - he is watching the ball which is now a couple of yards away. Doesnt look deliberate to me at all. I only wish it was as I dont particularly care for Brown.

Brown, a truly horrible little Kunt,right up there with the Lurgan bigot.

Brown didnt have his eyes on Aluko, was watching the ball. I never saw the incident at the time but he probably then continued to play. How would his manager (not a good example... how would you feel if you were his manager) feel if he had accidentally stepped on someone and stopped to apologise.... in the meantime your opponents by-pass you and score ?

Would you be happy he had done that ?

You can apologise while running off or do it later when you've got the chance - or even after the game. I don't even know whether he apologised or not, I just think that he should at some point if he can and if it's truly accidental. Players apologise to each other all the time.

I just dont see it as being as simple as "he didnt apologise therefore he meant to do it". That, to me, is a wholly simplistic view.

We agree on something there. It not something I've ever subscribed to or ever said.

All I implied was that there is certainly more of a suspicion of some kind of malice if he didn't apologise for something that was that bad, even if accidental. It's not definitive - you can also have malice and then apologise to prevent retaliation or just to take the piss.