1minute applause for shearer . wtf

do you do a minutes silence at 11 am every 11/11? I do...

Did you do a minutes silence for the victims of 9/11....?

can you imagine what it would be like if we were all to stand and applaud at times like these..? :confused:

Why do it on Saturday? I just cant work that one out...

i think his point is that this isn't a tragedy, he died a timely death.

(that being said, i still wouldnt find it comfortable clapping).

what if one doesnt clap, will they be jeered at do you think?

Or worse, what if half the stadium is clapping and the other half is silent

FFS that would be a calamity. Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest just to do the minutes silence. We are not ****s, lets not act like them!

FFS that would be a calamity. Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest just to do the minutes silence. We are not ****s, lets not act like them!

Even when his family, ex-team mates and friends who had known him personally and are planning the tribute think that he would prefer to be applauded by the Rangers fans as a mark of respect?

Even when his family, ex-team mates and friends who had known him personally and are planning the tribute think that he would prefer to be applauded by the Rangers fans as a mark of respect?

Wheres the respect in clapping for a great Ranger who has passed away. His family wasn't asked about this. Another lie from Rangers for gullible people to swallow.

Rangers did not contact his family until after they made the statement that there would be a minutes applause.

Wheres the respect in clapping for a great Ranger who has passed away. His family wasn't asked about this. Another lie from Rangers for gullible people to swallow.

Rangers did not contact his family until after they made the statement that there would be a minutes applause.

Do you have a source for this information?

Im not doubting you by the way, just wondering where you got the info.

Do you have a source for this information?

Im not doubting you by the way, just wondering where you got the info.

I do have a source, it's actually a very good source, a guy from the Blue Order who is a family friend of Bobby Shearer who contacted the family dirtectly. I have also sent an email to Jim Templeton relaying my thoughts and dismay on the said minutes applause.

I was merely asking what if....I wasnt contemplating on doing so if there is going to be an outcry.

Now, I just didnt want my handies getting sore from clapping that long, now I know I will have to .....:sigh:

all joking aside, its inappropriate I think.