The RST told us to 'keep our powder dry'

Absolutely so criticism of him and FF is going to happen. Thus, it's up to him to deal with that.

As a rule though I think people can be too harsh and too generic in their criticisms about people and other websites. We're supposed to be all bears and disagreement should be healthy, not frowned upon or umbrage taken. As always though it has to be constructive or the valid points within it are lost (or easily ignored).

Frankie did you read how the Gersnet was talked about on FF in the BH thread. I think we are pretty mild on here.

Personally, I think there can be a lot of criticism of the RST and other supporter groups during this process. They jumped into bed too early with TBK without thinking through their proposals, and at a time when the support should have been united, proposals like the minimum £1k investment and involvement of Ticketus (which was hidden/denied at first) completely divided the support when revealed. On top of that, when genuine concerns were raised about TBK proposals, a lot became uber defensive by attacking other bidders rather than scrutinise TBK. These are criticisms of both TBK and the supporters groups.

However, I think it would be foolish to suggest that these groups, including the RST and MD, have anything other than the best wishes of Rangers Football Club at heart, and the concerns regarding Bill Miller and Club 9 are legitimate ones. We don't know who Bill Miller is, what his plans are, or the motives of the likes of Club 9 or Andrew Ellis if they are involved. All we know is it involves a newco, and that is something that most fans seem eager to avoid at all costs.

I think it's clear that the RST, and by association MD, are mouth-pieces for TBK, but I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that. If they are involved in meetings, and privilige to information which other supporters don't have, it's only right that they share there concerns with us. Maybe how some of this is done could be more refined, and at times it does come across more as propoganda than as legitimate concern, but these are difficult times for us all.

The only other thing i'd add, and as someone who does post on FF, it is a really good forum, but it does attract the extremes of our support, and also people at the wind up. As a result it's often the reaction to what's written/reported that creates the hystria rather than the article or OP itself.

Edited by bigy

Frankie did you read how the Gersnet was talked about on FF in the BH thread. I think we are pretty mild on here.

The nonsense written about myself and this site on FF is always disappointing when it happens unchecked. As was the disgraceful stuff about BH - no matter his actions with respect to the chap Beattie.

But we're all big boys and there are more important issues to discuss.

I won't! Definately not! No not me. mmmmmmm Okay if you twist my arm! Words mean nothing really.

I'm not basing my opinion just based on his recent statements. I know him and don't believe that he will stand as a director.

Personally, I think there can be a lot of criticism of the RST and other supporter groups during this process. They jumped into bed too early with TBK without thinking through their proposals, and at a time when the support should have been united, proposals like the minimum £1k investment and involvement of Ticketus (which was hidden/denied at first) completely divided the support when revealed. On top of that, when genuine concerns were raised about TBK proposals, a lot became uber defensive by attacking other bidders rather than scrutinise TBK. These are criticisms of both TBK and the supporters groups.

However, I think it would be foolish to suggest that these groups, including the RST and MD, have anything other than the best wishes of Rangers Football Club at heart, and the concerns regarding Bill Miller and Club 9 are legitimate ones. We don't know who Bill Miller is, what his plans are, or the motives of the likes of Club 9 or Andrew Ellis if they are involved. All we know is it involves a newco, and that is something that most fans seem eager to avoid at all costs.

I think it's clear that the RST, and by association MD, are mouth-pieces for TBK, but I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that. If they are involved in meetings, and privilige to information which other supporters don't have, it's only right that they share there concerns with us. Maybe how some of this is done could be more refined, and at times it does come across more as propoganda than as legitimate concern, but these are difficult times for us all.

The only other thing i'd add, and as someone who does post on FF, it is a really good forum, but it does attract the extremes of our support, and also people at the wind up. As a result it's often the reaction to what's written/reported that creates the hystria rather than the articles or OP's.

I think that's all very fair mate.

People tend to exaggerate the divisions in our support as well as inter-website arguments. Generally we can (and often do) work together to benefit us as a whole so it's disappointing when people take the bait of mischief-makers.

Out of love for Rangers, maybe? (Or have some already cast the runes over the Grandmaster of FF and he's now another devil in disguise?)

Love for Rangers would see him tear both deals apart trying to find the best solution, not do a tabloid hatchet job on one while praising the other as the second coming.

Yeah, there is a tendency to stereotype a forum based on one user, as was shown by the example that you gave. However RM were also at it yesterday slagging off FF due to one post.

All forums have their good and bad posters.

I love FF it's like jumping into a tsunami most of the time, but yesterday it got way out of hand and it went unchecked for way to long. The Admin are quick enough to crack the whip at other times while yesterday they let the hysteria run, because it suited their agenda imo.

Have never and will never post or view FF, doesn't sound like a place I want to be involved with at all. I was delighted to stumble across Gersnet and find mainly reasonable and sensible fans without all the baggage and hysteria that exists elsewhere.

Love for Rangers would see him tear both deals apart trying to find the best solution, not do a tabloid hatchet job on one while praising the other as the second coming.

I would assume that he ain't 100% happy with the TBK bid either, but of these two evils, he openly supports the lesser. He is not the RST, nor is he FF though. If people think otherwise, I'm not taking on the job to make them think differently.