The RST told us to 'keep our powder dry'

Maybe so, Zappa, but within 5 posts on Gersnet 3909 04 manages to antagonize people more than two dozen other posters have done since I joined up.

Edit: Make that 6. Where's the igonre option?

I've got to be perfectly honest dB, I think it's pretty poor form and incredibly uncool to try and make a new member of the forum feel unwelcome just because you don't agree with their opinion.

I've got to be perfectly honest dB, I think it's pretty poor form and incredibly uncool to try and make a new member of the forum feel unwelcome just because you don't agree with their opinion.

Thank you, Zappa. I believe I've antagonised no-one, libelled no-one and I certainly haven't trolled, a much misused and misunderstood term.

As you can probably tell, I was recently chased from FF for providing heartfelt opinions, on the RST and several other matters. I just don't want to use a site where I'm reluctant to log on because I can't face having yet another argument. I really hope that's not what will happen on here.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Sorry for disagreeing here. 5 posts and all s/he's done is having an open go on FF, the RST and Mark Dingwall. Methinks one of the prime rules of Gersnet is to stay neutral and not antagonize members or onlookers of other boards. That was what I was referring to. And coming up with a claim that MD is in here essentially for monetary and personal reasons actually beggars belief and brings the name of this board into disrepute.

When we are in the midst of a battle for the very survival of our club " keeping our powder dry" was the most spectacular own goal in the history of own goals imo. The support was ready to dig deep and put their money where our mouths are, but we were led up a blind alley with the Saverangers, great idea that was left to rot on the shelf.

Sorry for disagreeing here. 5 posts and all s/he's done is having an open go on FF, the RST and Mark Dingwall. Methinks one of the prime rules of Gersnet is to stay neutral and not antagonize members or onlookers of other boards. That was what I was referring to. And coming up with a claim that MD is in here essentially for monetary and personal reasons actually beggars belief and brings the name of this board into disrepute.

It's not the first time I've seen such a claim. And not just on this forum. Surely all views should be allowed, no matter how insane(in your eyes), as long as they are not personal attacks on other members?

These people come on and spout their drivel, attacking fellow Rangers fans who give a hell of a lot of their time for the club, making unfounded allegations agaist individuals they have no knowledge of. Supporters Trusts are about empowering fans, giving them a greater say and having wider share ownership of the club. What other bid has promised that? We (and by that I mean the 3 supporters groups) said that we would be interested in speaking to any bidder. Bill Miller has not attempted to engage with any of the fans. MD has said on numerous occasions that he would not seek to be the supporters rep on the Board as he doesn't have the credentials to do so but we keep getting these stupid posts suggesting that this has already been offered. The RST has made it clear that the supporters reps should be elected by the fans rather than appointed. You do get used to reading the lies spouted but it doesn't make it easier to read.

Sorry for disagreeing here. 5 posts and all s/he's done is having an open go on FF, the RST and Mark Dingwall.

People are joining the forum to get news, have their say, make some important points and genuinely try to artculate their opinions because of they're passion for the club. That's what these messageboards/forums are here for.: Bears and Bearettes discussing Rangers related matters.

Methinks one of the prime rules of Gersnet is to stay neutral and not antagonize members or onlookers of other boards. That was what I was referring to.

These are rather grey areas where we don't all agree on certain subjects, proposals or plans, but it's not the case that Gersnet has a rule whereby members (or owners) of other boards are given immunity to criticism. Why shoud they be when the whole thing is about ballance and fairness?

We all try to speak our minds within reasoned debate and good things can come out of that.

These are tough times for us all and Gesnet is FULLY onboard with the whole concept of fan unity, but we certainly won't be censoring anyone who wants to come on here and put their personal opinons accross.

It's all about freedom of speech in these critical times and we should all feel free to voice our opinons within some obvious and sensible rules.

And coming up with a claim that MD is in here essentially for monetary and personal reasons actually beggars belief

I think it was actually an insinuation, not a claim dB. Whether it's true or likely is another matter.

Edited by Zappa

3909 obviously has strong views about Mark Dingwall.

I tend to think it was a bit hasty within your first few posts, to accuse someone and not give any proof of the accusations.

Let's hope he contributes to other subjects and doesn't just dwell on one individual.

Rather than reply to individual posts, here are a few points to clarify my views:

- This thread was begun as a criticism of the RST's approach to the RFFF. That's why I came on to post my views of the tactics employed by the RST and in particular their two mouthpieces, FF and MD.

- No-one, certainly not I, has suggested MD has been offered a seat on the board of RFC. It's interesting that someone has seen fit to deny a suggestion which no-one has made.

- I do, however, believe MD sees enhanced opportunities for himself should TBK get the gig and I don't believe mini-Murray has discouraged that viewpoint. MD's near-hysterical backing of TBK bid and his furious excoriation of those who don't share his views backs up this belief.

- If this board is to remain neutral to the views expressed by individuals on other boards, I suggest we'll very soon run out of topics to discuss.

- I hold extremely strong views on all matters Rangers, as you'll see. Expressing them on here does not amount to "antagonising others", nor does defending myself against such allegations amount to "trolling". Criticise my posts by all means but please use the correct terminology when you do so.