McCoist pleads for Ibrox fans to give Miller a chance

Ally McCoist appealed to Rangers supporters to give prospective owner Bill Miller a chance â?? as the American prepares to become preferred bidder on Thursday.

An announcement was delayed on Wednesday following an internet campaign by supporters to halt his bid in its tracks, while his apparently vanquished Blue Knights rivals Paul Murray and Brian Kennedy took their place in the stand for Wednesday nightâ??s 5-0 victory over Dundee United at Ibrox.

Upfront over his plans to forge ahead with a hybrid incubator company, incorporating a newco model, the 62-year-oldâ??s company Facebook page has received messages urging him to scrap his bid.

Before last nightâ??s game, Rangers legend Sandy Jardine appealed to fans not to disrupt a takeover of the stricken club. And, after proclaiming himself â??thrilledâ?? with a win over United which secured second place and a vital financial boost, boss McCoist echoed those views when he said: â??All we would ask for is whoever gets preferredbidder status to be given a chance.

â??Everyone has got to be given a chance, whether it is Bill Miller or whoever it may be. It would be wrong to be judge and jury on someone before something can happen.

â??We all have to be supportive of someone who may be in a position to take the club forward.â??

Asked if there had been any indication of face-to-face talks with the American, McCoist added: â??I know Bill would rather be sitting across the table so I could have a conversation with him and so would I.

â??But I have met his representatives and had conference calls that he has been in on.

â??They have all been absolutely positive â?? he has asked the right questions.â??

Two goals from Sone Aluko and strikes from Steven Whittaker, Jamie Ness and substitute Alejandro Bedoya secured a comfortable win for the Ibrox side and ensured them second place in the SPL.

â??The difference it makes financially is enormous,â?? said McCoist.

â??Thatâ??s the position the club finds itself in.â??

Wednesday nightâ??s developments were a devastating blow to the Blue Knights. Their latest bid â?? worth £5million up front and £5m later â?? had hit trouble after administrators Duff & Phelps said they could not deliver Craig Whyteâ??s shares hand in hand with a Company Voluntary Arrangement.

Rangers, meanwhile, are poised to appeal the SFAâ??s imposition of a 12-month transfer embargo and a £160,000 fine for bringing the game into disrepute.

The Ibrox club finally received a 27,000-word document detailing the written reasons from an independent judicial panel for the punishment last night.

And the findings, described as â??highly damning of Craig Whyteâ??, could be published publicly today or tomorrow as the SFA seek to explain their position.

Another independent appeal hearing, chaired by a law lord, is expected to sit as early as next week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2138694/Ally-McCoist-calls-Rangers-fans-support-Bill-Miller.html#ixzz1tlScokfG

Yesterday was a shameful day in the fans history. The lies, venom and self intrest by greedy fans was disgusting to see.

Bill Miller deserves his chance. TBK’s have had more than enough chance to sort out a bid, you could argue that PM has had a year to g4t someones money lines up to buy Rangers and get himself in a position to be in charge of his club.

BM deserves a chance. Please don’t jump on any hate campaigns.

If TBK’s can get PB, then back them, i will, but if BM gets PB, back him too.

if BM walk and we go to the wall, what then?

No Rangers

Listen to the gaffer

Edited by Bears

I will get behind anyone who moves the club forward - whether that be TBK's, Miller, Ng or even the mythical German bidders.

The fact of the matter is that the club is on its knees, and the blade about to drop....we need SOMEONE to take control ASAP. At the moment, I am not concerned about them engaging the fans - that can be done later, but the club needs to be moved forward in any way possible!!!

I thought the presence of Kennedy next to Murray in the directors box last night was significant but this seems to suggest Miller is in pole position regardless.

Kennedy appearing was clearly to pressure D&P but I think Jardine's speech nullified that somewhat.

I think the Assembly should be breaking down both plans for the support. They're far too quiet.

Kennedy appearing was clearly to pressure D&P but I think Jardine's speech nullified that somewhat.

I think the Assembly should be breaking down both plans for the support. They're far too quiet.

Don't think it's been posted, but Sandy Jardine was interviewed by Chic Young on BBC Radio Scotland last night before the game, probably about 6.30pm so it should be on iPlayer.

He came across very well, and insisted that what has happened is entirely Craig Whyte's fault. However, he says the story started around 4 years ago and said that it's a fascinating story, and one day he'll tell all, but not now. He was pushed but refused to go further. Will be interesting to find out what he meant given it clearly goes back to David Murray's time.

Don't think it's been posted, but Sandy Jardine was interviewed by Chic Young on BBC Radio Scotland last night before the game, probably about 6.30pm so it should be on iPlayer.

He came across very well, and insisted that what has happened is entirely Craig Whyte's fault. However, he says the story started around 4 years ago and said that it's a fascinating story, and one day he'll tell all, but not now. He was pushed but refused to go further. Will be interesting to find out what he meant given it clearly goes back to David Murray's time.

Looks like Sandy is looking for a book deal.

I was in quite early so heard his speech before the game (though not the radio interview obviously). Clearly he's holding back but how can the fans be expected to back (or dismiss) any bidder without knowing the full facts.