Should the Bill Miller bid worry Rangers fans?

hopefully when he takes over he will clear out of the exec boxes all the rich parasites that profess to be rangers fans.

And lose valuable income for the club? What is the benefit in that?

there is great talk about miller not being a rangers fan but at least he has bid for the club and is prepared to invest.which brings us to the rich so called rangers fans you know the ones i mean the ones that make great play of sitting on their hands when the club needs help.of the two give me the one who is happy to stand up and be counted.hopefully when he takes over he will clear out of the exec boxes all the rich parasites that profess to be rangers fans.

Seeing as I used to be one of those rich parasites maybe I should stand up for them a bit, yes not all people in the hospitality areas are Rangers fans and a falling out with some non-Rangers men who sell bricks, is the reason I'm no longer welcome in The Thornton Suite anymore, but there are still a lot of huge Rangers fans up there who pay a staggering amount of money into the club and if these guys paying a bit more means we can keep the cost of ST's down a bit for the fan in the stand then it's a good thing i say.

To pick up on Bluedell's OP, it is clear Mark is speaking emotionally about something he clearly fears for the club, but I have to come down mostly on BD's side of the argument here as a lot of the arguments are dual arguments and cant be used as reasons to back one bid over another as they apply to both.

I cant do the multi quote nice wee balloon thingys so I will just count the balloons in nuber order!

1. David Murray made plenty money out of Rangers, of that there is no doubt. The price to be paid for Rangers at the very bottom is a relatviely small one and with the proper management, direction and foresight should see the value of the club substantially increase over the next decade.

2. I think answer 1 covers this.

3. The club has to be run on a break-even basis. This has been the fans groups warcry for many years and I dont see what difference the two potential owners would make to this point.

4. Unlike the TBK bid, Millers has no mention of the fans paying through a share issue. There is absolutely no proof of any asset-stripping plans and this, while of course could be true, it could also equally be nonsense, and the absense of any factual back-up tends to lend more weight towards the latter.

5. There is definately a link between club 9 sports and Miller. Ellis was certainly involved at one point. Miller now says he isnt involved (if I remember right from a few weeks ago). The Ellis question remains a big big doubt as he clearly is bad news. The only "evidence" of this recently has been rumour from TBK camp, so it has to be taken with salt. It will be up to Miller to prove he is nowhere near this deal, now or in the future.

6. I am glad to hear Miller is looking to promote us in the USA. With us having 3 USA international players on our books and a lot of ex-pats living in the USA, this makes sense. I dont believe it will cost a fortune to do this, but nor do I believe it will be a huge money-spinner, but it is certainly the right thing to do. Not to mention it might help our fellow Bears in NARSA see our games more easily and maybe cheaper which would be welcomed.

7. This is the main reason I have opposed the Miller bid to date, and favoured other bids. The newco route means no Euro football for 3 seasons. It remains to be seen if 2012-13 will even count as one of these seasons. If not, that will be 4 seasons without Euro football. Our club cannot expect to compete for above average players without the money from Europe, or the prestige of playing in Europe. We can take the example of the late 80's where we were able to attract Terry butcher, the captain of England, to our club only because English clubs were banned from Europe. The money on offer was similar, but the lure of Euro footy worked a treat. With the current financial model in England we can only compete with Championship clubs as it is, so take away our one big draw and this will see us unable to attract quality players to our club. 4 years of this will see a squad on the park that will not be anywhere near the quality required to be called Rangers players, and will make it almost imposible to be realistic title contenders for the next 4 years. After that 4 years is up, it wont be all change overnight as we all know it takes time to build a squad, so we can (theoritically) look forward to the scum getting near to 9IAR before we are able to challenge properly for the title.

8. We have every right to be suspicious, and when you have been championing one bid so hard to the exclusion of all others it is obviously extremely hurtful when your champion fails. Again though, the answer here could be in the undoubted value that buying low, selling high in business brings, and there is no doubt that Rangers are very very low at this moment in time.

The difficult questions will come now that a PB has been declared, as indeed the very many difficult questions we as fans have been wanting to ask the Blue Knights if they got there, and we can only hope that Miller has the answers we seek.

What we must hope is that this story is about a guy from North America who seen an opportunity to buy a massive club which is on its knees, turn it around and disappear with a big profit in a few years time. Not that something like that has ever happened in Glasgow before!

Anyone has a few numbers with relevant info with regard the money SDM made with Rangers. I see these statement coming up every now and then, only to remain empty when probed. Hence the questions about facts and figures, not assumptions.

Anyone has a few numbers with relevant info with regard the money SDM made with Rangers. I see these statement coming up every now and then, only to remain empty when probed. Hence the questions about facts and figures, not assumptions.

Any money he made direct from the club will have been dwarfed by the doors his ownership would have opened up.

Any money he made direct from the club will have been dwarfed by the doors his ownership would have opened up.

Facts? ... no really, all I hear or read are these assumptions, which may well be true. But when it comes to facts, not necessarily broken down into full statistics, but at least tangible stuff, the replies run on empty.

He made some money along the way. I could come up with some facts (eg the difference in the sale price when he bought and sold the Albion, the profit on the Response deal) but don't see the point (I'll save it for a book :D) He also sunk some cash into us (~£60m) and I'd argue that it did end up costing him a lot of money over the long run.

I think if it wasn't for the EBT's, Murray could have continued to bring the debt down and then sold the club for about £20m which could have got him towards breaking even.

If he'd run the club properly, he could have made a tidy sum out of the club and left without a huge cloud over his head, and maybe even been a legend. But he just didn't have that in him - his ego was too closely tied to the club and that ego is pretty huge and always hungry.

I've been thinking (so watch out):

Rangers assets are worth around £115m (according to D&P)

These are transferred to newco by Bill Miller who pays £11.2m into oldco, for the assets.

That's a good deal by anyones standards surely? So anyone wondering what he gets out of it....