Bill Miller withdraws bid

Due diligence done by MCR/Duff & Phelps cost circa £500k and Craig Whyte did not pay it.

It was reported that CW's due diligence cost about £200k - now you're saying it was £500k and someone else paid it. Who paid it then? Ticketus? Very strange.

I'd be very surprised if Duff and Phelps performed it as it would look very dodgy that they were subsequently installed as administrators a year later. Who are MCR and why would they perform due diligence for Craig Whyte's take over with D&P?

Just what are you suggesting? It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me... :confused:

It was reported that CW's due diligence cost about £200k - now you're saying it was £500k and someone else paid it. Who paid it then? Ticketus? Very strange.

I'd be very surprised if Duff and Phelps performed it as it would look very dodgy that they were subsequently installed as administrators a year later. Who are MCR and why would they perform due diligence for Craig Whyte's take over with D&P?

Just what are you suggesting? It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me... :confused:

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at naivety in that post, there is absolutely no doubt that you are indeed confused.

Due diligence cost circa £500k ,MCR/Duff & Phelps (one and the same as Frankie said) have worked for Whyte continuously from October 2010. Craig Whyte doesn't pay bills that is a historical and unarguable fact, somebody/company settled the MCR/Duff & Phelps bill, it doesn't take Einstein to work it out.

Duuff & Phelps worked for Whyte/RFC plc continuously after the takeover, although they told the court their involvement was "minor" that statement is at best disingenuous and at worst a down right lie.

Calscot wrote:

"It seems to me that Whyte's plan has gone awry and like the Titanic we'd have been better ploughing on and smacking straight into the iceberg (a documentary showed that the Titanic would have easily survived this scenario albeit with a hell of a lot of damage to the bow). So while that would have been repairable, the trouble we now have is that it's very hard to sell a sinking ship - even if you can replace it with another one, that ends up becoming an expensive and difficult option."

That's us, Titanic FC. I suppose gallows humour is better than no humour at all right now.

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at naivety in that post, there is absolutely no doubt that you are indeed confused.

And I have to laugh at the superciliousness in your post...

No doubt I'm confused as you replied to me with very little clarity, lots of ambiguity and left a lot of questions unanswered - as does your last one. You may or may not be right but to suggest what you say is common knowledge is disingenuous at best. And perhaps I'm as naive as your average judge...

Due diligence cost circa £500k ,MCR/Duff & Phelps (one and the same as Frankie said)

You may be right but why then was it reported as £200k?

have worked for Whyte continuously from October 2010. Craig Whyte doesn't pay bills that is a historical and unarguable fact, somebody/company settled the MCR/Duff & Phelps bill, it doesn't take Einstein to work it out.

It might not take an Einstein to work out that it's a fact that Craig Whyte doesn't pay any bills whatsoever but it would take a pretty incredible amount of investigation. Or are you just boasting of facts and knowledge that is merely your own assumption? It doesn't take an Einstein and it's so obvious and yet you haven't named who did pay - which any fool can see would help your explanation. I take it that is does take an Einstein to name who paid?

Duuff & Phelps worked for Whyte/RFC plc continuously after the takeover, although they told the court their involvement was "minor" that statement is at best disingenuous and at worst a down right lie.

So why didn't the courts see through this if it is so obvious? You seem to pat yourself of the back for so much knowledge but you don't seem so good at explaining it to lesser mortals.

You know, business is a dull, dull subject for most; just because we're not all at anorak level does not mean we're stupid. We just seek decent and clear explanations from those who are in a position to give it - without the condescension, please.

Edited by calscot

Craig Whyte doesn't pay bills that is a historical and unarguable fact, somebody/company settled the MCR/Duff & Phelps bill, it doesn't take Einstein to work it out.

Give up. Who paid for the DD?

Whyte won't pay for anything personally - that way he doesn't loose anything when things go pear shaped!!! Also makes it more difficult to follow the paper trail.

He's like the Al Capone of Motherwell/Govan!!! (all be it, we actually hope he gets done for tax evasion!!!)