Squad Next Season

I think we all have to accept a period of transition for a few years and that will probably mean losing certain high earning players. Their fees will help fund the rest of our rebuilding and TBH I have to disagree with Walter Smith with regards to a young team and relegation. I genuinely feel that we could still compete for 2nd/3rd with a young team in the SPL.

They're definitely going to have to cut costs because the club's been running at an £800k per month loss or something like that, so we need to be prepared for some big changes in the playing squad. Obviously the extent of what happens this summer will largely depend on our SFA appeal because we need to be able to sign players if the high earners leave. Ally can't be left with a 1st team squad of kids and reserves and be expected to compete for the title next season.

They're definitely going to have to cut costs because the club's been running at an £800k per month loss or something like that, so we need to be prepared for some big changes in the playing squad. Obviously the extent of what happens this summer will largely depend on our SFA appeal because we need to be able to sign players if the high earners leave. Ally can't be left with a 1st team squad of kids and reserves and be expected to compete for the title next season.

Or charge season ticket prices like before.

We should make sure that most contracts are set to normal soon and we then are able to send a few of the high earners away, if only for saving the club. Whittaker, Davis, and McGregor spring to mind .. though I wouldn't like to see the last 2 go. Still, McCabe, Ness, and Bedoya today have shown that there is life without e.g. Davis. I'd hate to see Naismith go though. He, McCabe, Aluko, and even Kerkar and Little should spearhead our future. Bocanegra has sure earned enough in his life to stay on too, Edu might be the target of a higher bid though. It's "keeping fingers crossed" time for sure.

McGregor, Bocanegra, Naismith and Aluko are the ones I'd like to see stay. I think Davis will go but I'd like to keep him too.

Younger players like Ness, Perry and McCabe have a big season ahead.

If the transfer embargo is reduced or quashed we need a striker or two straight away. What about the guy at Falkirk other than that bosman market I think.