What now for McCoist?

Will he be kept on as manager or will be walk away knowing he did his best and gave his all?

I don't think he's a great manager, or even or a good manager but his passion and motivation to do his best for Rangers is unquestionable.

The Rangers job came a bit early in his managerial career but you can't fault the guy for taking it. A wee stint away in League 1 in England would do him the world of good.

Thoughts?

Nothing but admire what McCoist has done, shown his qualitites as a man in the last few months. Results wise has been wierd, some good results and some poor ones. I still think he has suffered due to not having a good No.2.

Think he more than deserves a full crack at it again though. But Im wary about some of his tactical faults....Bring in Ray Wilkins as No.2 and I think it would work wonders.

It depends on what people want for the club?

Now if Rangers fans want the club to break even and deveope young players and sell them on and so forth then we need a clearout from top to bottom imo.

WE need Rangers to run on the basis of developing young homegrown players and scouts finding talent at a good price so we can buy low and sell high. I just dont see us having the people at the club at the moment to do this.

I think it's a bit unfair to judge Ally on this seasons fiasco . When i say fiasco im not talking about on field i mean the whole situation the club has found itself in off the field. As a rookie manager in his first season i think Ally handled the situation with great dignity and skill, he has for me been a real shining light in arguably the darkest chapter in our great clubs 140 history .

On field we started the SPL campaign in blistering style racing into a 15 point lead, ofcourse Europe was a failure but even the great man Sir Walter has struggled in CLQ. There was also the poor cup results but for me the real turning point of the season was the Naismith injury , we lost form and momentum after that then the off field nightmare began. There is no way IMO that any manager no matter how experianced never mind somebody in their first season could fully concentrate on the team and on field matters , match preparations were affected, the players who's jobs were at risk could not possibly be 100% focused and the hammer blow of the 10 point deduction again would have been a mental factor.

I think Super Ally deserves another crack and TBH at this time with the current plight of our club there is no other man/men i would have in the managers seat other than Ally McCoist or Walter Smith .

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil