What now for McCoist?

Guest Dutchy

I can't see Green going out and getting anyone better than McCoist as he's talking about nothing than financial restrictions.

Ally's had a trumatic introdution to management this year, surely he can only learn from it all and will get better with experience. I don't think you have to be very good to win in Scotland and his European exploits showed him up a bit, but he's got a rest from that particular arena next year, which gives him, and the club time to acclimatise to the new reality.

Whatever that may be!

Will he be kept on as manager or will be walk away knowing he did his best and gave his all?

I don't think he's a great manager, or even or a good manager but his passion and motivation to do his best for Rangers is unquestionable.

The Rangers job came a bit early in his managerial career but you can't fault the guy for taking it. A wee stint away in League 1 in England would do him the world of good.

Thoughts?

I'm with you,great asset somewhere in the club,but as manager? no thanks.

I agree, but I seriously think that if he wasn't manager, he would be offski.

That would be for the best with regards to McCoist. He's got to make a name for himself in the lower leagues in England. He has the potential to be a great manager but that won't happen at us.

McCoist has accumulated 83 points despite the horrendous off field problems that obviously got to the players. That's 2 points below the average of the previous twelve years since the 12 team league began. People hark back to the Advocaat years but in his last three years he actually averaged 84 points with one season at 82. PLG supposedly needed and deserved more time but that season ended up with us having 72 points despite a strong second half from Walter. Alliy's beaten that even with a 10 point penalty!

However, you have to also give him mitigation - the 3 points from 12 in the 4 games right after going into administration was obviously an anomaly due to the exceptional circumstances and if you take the rest of our results for the season and extrapolate them, the expectation value would have been 9.4 points. Even at 9 that would put him at 89 points - well above average and better than some championship winning teams - DESPITE all the rest of the crap he and his squad had to deal with.

I can't see how anyone can slate McCoist's record in the league this season and although the cup runs were awful, you have to look at the circumstances.

I think Ally has categorically shown he's not a bad manager as his league record shows during the most trying season in our history. He hasn't shown he's great but he's eclipsed the likes of Dick, Eck and PLG who had a fraction of his troubles to face.

At the very least, he deserves to show what he can do in when the ship is steady. If a guy can be average in tough times, what will he be like when times are good?

McCoist has accumulated 83 points despite the horrendous off field problems that obviously got to the players. That's 2 points below the average of the previous twelve years since the 12 team league began. People hark back to the Advocaat years but in his last three years he actually averaged 84 points with one season at 82. PLG supposedly needed and deserved more time but that season ended up with us having 72 points despite a strong second half from Walter. Alliy's beaten that even with a 10 point penalty!

However, you have to also give him mitigation - the 3 points from 12 in the 4 games right after going into administration was obviously an anomaly due to the exceptional circumstances and if you take the rest of our results for the season and extrapolate them, the expectation value would have been 9.4 points. Even at 9 that would put him at 89 points - well above average and better than some championship winning teams - DESPITE all the rest of the crap he and his squad had to deal with.

I can't see how anyone can slate McCoist's record in the league this season and although the cup runs were awful, you have to look at the circumstances.

I think Ally has categorically shown he's not a bad manager as his league record shows during the most trying season in our history. He hasn't shown he's great but he's eclipsed the likes of Dick, Eck and PLG who had a fraction of his troubles to face.

At the very least, he deserves to show what he can do in when the ship is steady. If a guy can be average in tough times, what will he be like when times are good?

Don't forget how we were dumped (humiliated)out of every competition we entered,under his command.

And also,do not forget that we play in the SPL a mickey mouse league,where you or I could have probably done just as well

with the players he had at his disposal.