Everton prepare cut-price swoop for Steven Naismith

The new owners, when confirmed, should be tieing McGregor, Naismith, Aluko down to decent deals.

Whilst I know we have to trim wages the reality is that 2 million for Naismith is not even a third of his true value.

But say he is worth 6 million.... That means we LOSE 4 million by letting him walk. If we increase his wages from where they are by even 10k a week that is 500k in increased wage bill (he might accept current wage plus 10k, even though it is probably less than he was on before the cuts) but that 500k per annum protects his TRUE transfer value.

To me that is financial management. Yes, slightly risky to increase wages so much (moreso when you consider he is injured) but not nearly as risky as 100%, guaranteed, to lose money on him by having to let him leave on the cheap.

The only thing we have keeping these guys here is the affection for the club - we need to be somewhat competitive financially but might be able to hold onto them with lower wages due to them being one of us.

Everton got a super-deal with Jelavic. That should be enough for a few years to come.

IMHO, of the players we have here, Lafferty and Whittaker are probably the most likely to quit, with Healy not getting an extension to his contract.

I think Craig Whyte got the best deal with Jelavic.

He's a Bear. Although he may want to look after himself, I think he won't shit on us. He can decide where to go and the fee is negotiable. It doesn't need to be £2m.

Scaremongering paper selling bastards.