It's less defending, than deflecting the blame, and in doing so moves the discussion from the idiots to those we perceive could stop them.

Doesn't matter Gazza's line of work he is still entitled to hold his opinion.

And just because it's a minority of fans, will never make it ok.

It's less defending, than deflecting the blame, and in doing so moves the discussion from the idiots to those we perceive could stop them.

Doesn't matter Gazza's line of work he is still entitled to hold his opinion.

And just because it's a minority of fans, will never make it ok.

Surely after condemning them, the next stage is to look at how it was allowed to happen and what can be done to stop it?

If there were police and/or stewards nearby, I'd like to think that action would be taken, but perhaps it's felt best under these circumstances to leave them to get in with it in case it inflames the situation? Either way, there's nothing wrong in examining the role of those who are meant to prevent this and just because there were idiots causing damage, it doesn't mean that the police and stewards were not failing in their duties, and by doing so it doesn't in any way take away any justified criticism of those who carriedn out the acts of vandalism.

Guest de_bear

I was in the toilet when it happened, the stewards & cops weren't the problem.

And, no i wasn't involved, I'm too wee to reach the ceiling.

When watching the video, those guys really come across as a bunch of total wierdos. If it was kids, it might be understandable - but that is not expected, normal behaviour of grown men with jobs and family and/or other responsibilities.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of exuberance but how people can get their kicks from shouting and singing stuff that is considered offensive (and damaging to the club they purport to support) and then being unable to stop themselves jumping up and down, deliberately taking the ceiling out is bordering on a sociopathic personality disorder.

The fact that there will probably be people of reasonable mental health who are drawn by the mass hysteria is pretty disturbing.

It's incredibly embarrassing to be associated with people like that just because you support the same team.

Is this the result of the care in the community programme? Or just a sign of the amoral times we live in?

I think there are a lot of Rangers fans who think that kind of behaviour is more prevalent in the other support across the city but there is an increasing number of our own who let us down badly.