Tycoon Mike McDonald quits Charles Green's takeover team over SFA transfer ban

Like others, it is easy to see he was never part of the consortium anyway, just an interested party that MIGHT have invested some cash post-takeover.

Obviously, anything in the Rhebel needs taken with a huge dose of salt, but seeing as they have put quotes round it, I will take it at face value and declare that I would be very very worried if Green is even contemplating allowing some investors to put up transfer funds and get a cut of future profits on the sale of such player in return.

Apart from sharing CG's concerns about it being illegal, it is also very worrying from the stance that selling on players for big profits is essential for a club like ours to be able to do if we had a season without European money. The evidence is very clear that this is the tims business model, and while it has not worked this year for them as they couldnt convince anyone to buy any of their duds for big money this year, it has been very good to them the last few years in balancing their books whilst running the day to day affairs of the club at a big loss.

he was a profiteer. not what we need in the short term.

Isn't that exactly what we need in the short term? People who will invest a bit, then make a profit and move on? I figure that can only happen if they sign decent players which ought to lead to a modicum of success at least...I am no expert at all, but the longer term strategy seems about right.

TB watch the press big up Hooper for Liewell after the Euro 's he must be worth at least 20 mill by now.

Its a well-worn and successful strategy employed by celtic over the last few years which has enabled them to get fantastic prices for average players. McGeady was the latest in a long line that went for way above their value after weeks of speculation in the press about who was interested in him, and the prices that would have to be paid to get him. It is a quite brilliant piece of media manipulation by them and one i dont mind saying im pretty jealous of.

Contrast that to our treatment where they have continually tried to undervalue our players in comparison and you will see a small example of how important a role our gutter press play and how they have to be brought into line and parity ensured, as it actually costs our club millions of pounds.