Rangers administration: questions as club move toward creditor meetings

Steady mate common sense and making yourself some money in this world don't go down too well with some on here.

You start with commonsense and then start spouting nonsense. The fans will pay off the £8.5m, plus their interest, leaving those behind the scenes owning Rangers, Ibrox and MP without having paid for it.

Still no word from Green on where working capital will be coming from?

It matters not who it's borrowed from, but who's paying it back.

Through this process though we have found that there has been no luxury of an opulent benefactor.

At the end of the day these folks are investing. Simple. The club's best interests are advantageous to them as it would give them the best chance of a return on that investment. They have no attachment to us, they see nothing other than an opportunity to make money.

Personally I dont have too much of an opposition to that IF they do so by protecting the club.

We had them and TBK's. Some preferred TBK's because they had the best interests of the club at heart - but that also doesnt mean they would have been successful. Also, question, do we know that TBK's would have put money in the club and not taken it back out by way of loan repayments too ? Or do we know they wouldnt have gotten their cash back by paying themselves salaries ? Genuine question, I simply dont know.

There is more than one way of getting your cash back out of an entity - high salaries would do the same thing as loan repayments.

Playing devil's advocate. I simply dont know what TBK's bid had on the table and whether they would, too, receive their initial capital back.

Personally if TBK had been made preferred bidder I would have been happier, but primarily due to Kennedy's involvement.

Have you got a link to that.....or are you backstage with GA?

Listen to his first public words.

I remember, but again, 'debt free' never means that literally no money is owed, Celtic have been called debt free for a while but of course they still owe money.

Being in debt to the people that own you isn't really a concern.

I haven't made up my mind really about green. part of me wants him to fail as his plan is not at all what is best for rangers but I can of course see that that could be counter productive.

fortunately he will either succed or fail under his own volition so I can decide once he does.

one thing is clear already though the consortium we got is very different to the one d&p initially then later green led us to believe we were getting.

20 investors

no debt

20 million quid

premiership experience

former manager

big names

gers backgrounds.

all smoke and mirrors imho. a piss poor start from someone who claimed the least we would get is honesty.

You start with commonsense and then start spouting nonsense. The fans will pay off the £8.5m, plus their interest, leaving those behind the scenes owning Rangers, Ibrox and MP without having paid for it.

Again says who, you or the bogeyman?

Well you know enough about nonsense going by some of your posts so I will defer to your expertise on that point.

What do you expect ? Again, serious question.

They dont really CARE about Rangers, they just want to make money. I dont see that as being too big an issue so long as the club is protected, competitive and financially sound.

Very rarely (some would say sadly) do you see people purchase a football club and not expect to see a return on their money (rich Arab Sheiks & Oil oligarchs aside, whereby plunking a billion down is pocket change for them to have a play thing).

IF we survive, remain competitive and are fiscally sound then I dont have an issue with them getting their money back. They could just as easily have said that this was a non-repayable loan but then taken out exorbitant salaries to still get their money back. This is at least transparent (yes, I know, it is little different to Whyte - but lets not tar everyone with that same "conning bastard" brush just yet).