Reaction to Lafferty's wedding in a Catholic church

There was a thread on here yesterday condemning him for getting wed in a chapel, a thread rightly removed.

It's made the papers though. Not the fact he got married in a Catholic church, but the fact our own supporters, a vocal number, have reacted so angrily to it.

By no means the majority, and plenty of condemning responses in reply to those criticising his marriage, but the fact in 2012 that ANYONE would want him to fuck off on the basis of where he got married really does suggests a number of our fans are in the dark ages and remain bigoted fools the support could do without.

With a name like Lafferty I would have expected him to be a catholic so it comes as no surprise to me. I think If I remember rightly, Bobby Russell married a catholic and got some abuse because of it, but as you say you would have thought we had moved on from this.

Guest Lloret1972

Just another excuse by the press to enjoy more Rangers bashing. Probably yet another invented thing like the alleged threats made against the SFA panel members, something that did not happen at all but hey!

I hope his lovely new wife realises that he only likes to score in April and May.

Just another excuse by the press to enjoy more Rangers bashing. Probably yet another invented thing like the alleged threats made against the SFA panel members, something that did not happen at all but hey!

Are you actually denying comments about this were made?

I wish they would investigate more the Sfa top man thinking one of our players should be Hung'

I agree.

But hey if this gives the OP the chance to call us bigoted fools why not.

Stop defending the indefensible. Unless you condone it in which case you're as bigoted as the rest of those who objected to his marriage location.

Don't have any problem with him marrying a Catholic or where they chose to hold the ceremony. It's really quite sad that some people object to this.

However, like I was saying on another thread a couple of days back, I think Lafferty's already burnt his bridges and will be off at the first opportunity.

To be honest, why would anyone be surprised at the reaction of some of our "fans"? Check RM or FF for a sample of these utterly bonkers and prehistoric views. Our club is being shafted from all angles and is close to oblivion and the most pressing thing on these guys "minds" is where/who Lafferty is getting married... other vital topics of discussion on these particular forums have been info regarding Orange marches/lodges, the Queen and Rangers, why we should have an orange away strip....etc. etc.