Congratulations to the Queen

Everybody I spoke to was lifted by the weekends events we get nothing but doom & gloom on the news. Was nice to see Great Britain doing what it does best, wish we could have more of them.

I get that mate and to an extent I agree but I just wish we could be proud of being British without having to bend the knee to the ruling classes. I'll never feel comfortable with the notion that anybody is "better" than me and a Monarchy is all about superiority.

I get that mate and to an extent I agree but I just wish we could be proud of being British without having to bend the knee to the ruling classes. I'll never feel comfortable with the notion that anybody is "better" than me and a Monarchy is all about superiority.

The world does not work like that, of course people are higher up than others.

They've never shown you any disrespect so why does it matter if the Monarchy is 'better'?

The world does not work like that, of course people are higher up than others.

They've never shown you any disrespect so why does it matter if the Monarchy is 'better'?

What a strange notion. I should just go about my business accepting everything and if I come across anybody who thinks that they are better, I should just get out of their way?

Not in my world.

What a strange notion. I should just go about my business accepting everything and if I come across anybody who thinks that they are better, I should just get out of their way?

Not in my world.

How exactly do the Royal Family think they're better, when have they ever gloated or looked down on others? They're born into something and given a duty, are you saying you think they should all just volunteer to close down Buckingham Palace, give away all they own and declare they're going to scatter themselves all around the country living as ordinary people who weren't born into a high status family?

Again, what has getting out of their way go to do with anything? You make it sound like they've shown you some sort of personal disrespect, talked down to you in some way or pushed you aside.

I just don't see what your gripe is with something that has been around for hundreds of years and is part of British identity.

I've nothing against the queen and toasted her a few times over the weekend, but what the feck is this thread doing in Rangers Chat? Absolutely nothing to do with the club and incredibly cringeworthy in here. We'd slag the other lot off for having a pope thread in their Celtic forum so what the hell are we doing?

I smell the stench of hypocrisy and it's coming from us.

I've nothing against the queen and toasted her a few times over the weekend, but what the feck is this thread doing in Rangers Chat? Absolutely nothing to do with the club and incredibly cringeworthy in here. We'd slag the other lot off for having a pope thread in their Celtic forum so what the hell are we doing?

One's our Head of State and the other isn't. Hardly the same.

However if you think it should be moved then why not put in a request to an admin/mod instead of moaning about it?

We're proud to be British.

One's our Head of State and the other isn't. Hardly the same.

However if you think it should be moved then why not put in a request to an admin/mod instead of moaning about it?

Both are nothing in particular to do with Rangers Chat or Celtic Chat which is the same to me. Should we also start irrelevant threads about Alex Salmond in here?

I thought the request to move was implied in my moan...

And obviously I don't see it as a moan - I see it as pointing out the obvious flaws with it being in Rangers Chat and flaws in our character for keeping it there. Sometimes a wake up call is needed; however, it's rarely welcome.