McCoist - Gers will be ready

Ally McCoist admits he does not know what division Rangers will be competing in next term or what players he will have at his disposal but insists the club will be ready for the new season.

The Glasgow giants are hoping potential new owner Charles Green and his consortium are able to secure a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) which will allow the club to exit administration and avoid a newco scenario, which could place a question mark over their status in the Scottish Premier League.

The Ibrox boss has so far been unable to offer new deals to those now out of contract while the club continues their battle with the Scottish Football Association over a 12-month transfer embargo.

Looking ahead to the new campaign, McCoist told the Daily Record: "It is worrying. I won't lie. I have huge concerns about what is going to happen. I don't know who will still be there by the time we go back. Some of the lads might have moved on.

"I don't know if I will be able to sign anyone because the situation with the transfer embargo is still up in the air.

"I don't know if we will still be in administration. We could have exited through the CVA that Charles Green has launched or we could be newco. If that's the case, I don't even know for sure which division we'll be playing in.

"I am in the dark about so many issues but I can't and won't let it affect my desire for Rangers to be successful. I do know there will be a Rangers and we will be ready for the start of the season."

Players, such as Sone Aluko, Andy Little and David Healy, saw their contracts expire at the end of the season.

McCoist added: "At the moment I can't make them offers. That makes me feel helpless to a certain extent.

"These boys deserve contracts and I want to give them something but right now I have not been given the go-ahead to do so. As soon as I am in the position to do that, I will. But I am well aware it could be too late."

Ally McCoist does not know what division Rangers will be competing in next term or what players he will have but insists they will be ready.

More...

What a pity he was not ready last season. Accepted the gift of a job he was not qualified to do and had not earned the right to, knew what was expected from the off after the Kaunas debacle, proceeded to ignore it and make a complete and utter balls of it. Malmo, Maribor, Falkirk and the 20 point throw away pre admin do not lie. Then we can throw in the total capitualation against the arabs at Ibrox in his final cup catastrophe.

Talk is cheap. Unless it is saying "we don't walk away" of course.

When Coisty says that he hasn't been given the go-ahead to offer the players new contracts, I just hope that he's actually made the effort to discuss the issue with Green / D&P. Can't understand why we're playing the waiting game. We could have extended the contracts at any time over the course of the administration. Granted, it wouldn't have been the best time to do it when players were on reduced salaries, but now that they've reverted back to normal and we're planning pre-season trips to Germany etc. should this not be a priority?

Was it not the playing staff being seen as assets of the business that was given as D&P's excuse for negotiating those wage cuts in the first place? So why are we now risking losing for nothing assets that we need?