Cardiff City fans fume over red shirt rebranding

Can you imagine something like this happening to Rangers FC.

Their badge and nickname are changing too.....

However, some fans managed to see the upside of the deal.

â??Cardiff had 2 options, try different things to generate revenue or spiral into the debts of Pompey/Rangers.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/901188-cardiff-city-fans-fume-over-red-shirt-rebranding#ixzz1x0WTopUF

It comes down to the colour and if it has any relevance. Im sure a large element of our support would have no problem wearing orange for a season :)

The Malaysian guys seem to think putting red into it will raise the Cardiff brand in SE Asia. I cant see why they dont keep a bit of blue though as Malaysias flag has red white and blue.

It can go down well popular if its a one off like what Arsenal did one season wearing their original maroon shirt for centenary season or something.

Teams change their badge all the time but a change of colour? What extra revenue will that bring?

It's mainly to pay their debt and a fee of around £30m was agreed from what I read in another article.

They were also losing £1m a month from what I read....

It's not that clubs can't change their strip colours, they can and do, Cardiff themselves did back in 1910 or some sort. It's that an individual or group of people with no connection to a club, with no feelings for a club and no understanding of what a football club means to its support can come in and change something as fundamental to the club as its strip. Their reasoning is bolloks too, short of winning the English Premier League Cardiff won't sell anymore strips in Malaysia or anywhere else in the far east for that matter, whatever colour they are.

This is everything that's wrong with football currently, that a section of the Cardiff support are going along with this saddens me and bewilders me. I hope they get relegated.

We've forgotten what football is meant to be about.

Badge Changes happen if they are relevant to previous badges this badge doesn't have any relevance to the previous. The colour change way to alienate your fans. The board said they were going to drop it after fan consultation but they didn't, not surprised with it, fans mean nothing its money to the owners, some look for success but this guy seems to be in it for the money, even if he is investing to get money back.