leggoland - Charles green speaking to d park.

Good for them, I won't be listening.

I'd renew today if I could.

Thankfully everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I see today's meeting as a good opportunity for Green to clearly lay out his intentions for our support. I sincerely hope he does so.

The main difference between the Green / Sevco loan and the Ticketus deal is that they're effectively lending themselves the money.

In order to make the repayments to themselves, the club will need to be turning a profit as opposed to running it into the ground and proposing a CVA to themselves.

The most money that they can make from the deal is if they look after the club and sell it on debt free after said loan has been repaid.

Thankfully everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I see today's meeting as a good opportunity for Green to clearly lay out his intentions for our support. I sincerely hope he does so.

This whole thing about hearing intentions just sounds like a waste of time for me and people going into panic mode.

A CVA is out, we cannot go much further until that is voted on.

I don't think the fact he's lending the club the money in the first instance is as much of a concern as is being made out. What's more frustrating is that we have the usual suspects on forums and in the media who have clearly made their minds-up about Green based on the limited facts. Again, as has been the case since Lloyds became a very public presence within the board room, we are left with having to take articles and posts at face value, often when they put a very distinct slant on what we do know as fact, so we don't know if the people writing them have got a hidden agenda. What was one of the disappointing things about the way that the blue knights thing went was that there seemed to be supporters who were 100% behind them and who took any sort of questioning of their bid and plan as some sort of personal insult. We then have these people asking similar questions of guys like Miller and Green without even a hint of the irony.

What's also very evident is that some people appear to be privy to information which isn't in the public domain about these bids. Which is fair enough. But if you can't share the specifics, it's pretty unhelpful to be giving out vague innuendo about why we shouldn't trust certain people or their bids. Best to just shut up in my opinion, but maybe some people like to show that they're "in the know".

A common theme on gersnet since I've joined is that with each new challenge to face the club it's been disappointing just how fractured a support we are. I've lost track of the amount of low points we've seen as a club over the last 7 years or so and each time I think this is the lowest we can go and that this will unify us as a support, but here we are again, this time literally at the abyss, and still many of the forums just seem to be interested in their own self promotion and self preservation.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical!

Just disillusioned by the whole thing really, to the point of almost not caring any more.

I don't think the fact he's lending the club the money in the first instance is as much of a concern as is being made out. What's more frustrating is that we have the usual suspects on forums and in the media who have clearly made their minds-up about Green based on the limited facts. Again, as has been the case since Lloyds became a very public presence within the board room, we are left with having to take articles and posts at face value, often when they put a very distinct slant on what we do know as fact, so we don't know if the people writing them have got a hidden agenda. What was one of the disappointing things about the way that the blue knights thing went was that there seemed to be supporters who were 100% behind them and who took any sort of questioning of their bid and plan as some sort of personal insult. We then have these people asking similar questions of guys like Miller and Green without even a hint of the irony.

What's also very evident is that some people appear to be privy to information which isn't in the public domain about these bids. Which is fair enough. But if you can't share the specifics, it's pretty unhelpful to be giving out vague innuendo about why we shouldn't trust certain people or their bids. Best to just shut up in my opinion, but maybe some people like to show that they're "in the know".

A common theme on gersnet since I've joined is that with each new challenge to face the club it's been disappointing just how fractured a support we are. I've lost track of the amount of low points we've seen as a club over the last 7 years or so and each time I think this is the lowest we can go and that this will unify us as a support, but here we are again, this time literally at the abyss, and still many of the forums just seem to be interested in their own self promotion and self preservation.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical!

Just disillusioned by the whole thing really, to the point of almost not caring any more.

Of course no-one wants to be treating Green as god like saviour yt especially after Murray and Whyte.

But I think many are treating him as guilty until proven innocent as well, which isn't fair.

It is his money, or his investors money.

Craig Whyte used Ticketus and put us into debt with another company, here we're talking about owing money to people that own us that we can pay back very gradually.

I realise it seems fashionable to find any negativity possible about Charles Green but it is totally inccurate and/or uneducated to say this loan idea is the same thing as Ticketus.

its the same principal with different repayment terms.

much better terms no doubt about it.

its the same principal with different repayment terms.

much better terms no doubt about it.

And you don't think that makes all the difference?

If HMRC were willing to do small gradual pay back schemes the tax case wouldn't be such a worry.

From what I've seen though, Green appears to have some of the same problems that the blue knights did, in that actually raising money at this stage is difficult. Is that because there's a lack of appetite for the club given the sums of money to be made are much lower than what you could potentially get from a club in England, is it because he's just playing his cards close to his chest or is it because everyone involved is waiting for liquidation so they can start with a clean slate almost?

And you don't think that makes all the difference?

If HMRC were willing to do small gradual pay back schemes the tax case wouldn't be such a worry.

not to the morality of it, but certainly to the practicality of it.

if its the worst thing green does he will work out fine. of course if its the thin end of the wedge.