Charles Green statement

It's the timing of it that's suspicious. If he said it a few months down the line when he had time to assess things then fair enough.

At the meeting he had with supporters a couple of weeks ago, he emphasised that there was no point in looking back and apportioning blame. The club needed to ignore what had happened and concentrate on moving forward. It seems that he's changed his tune very quickly.

If TBK had issued a similar statement at this point in the process they would be similarly criticised.

The criticism is justified and does not mean that those doing so have agendas. The fans need to hear a lot from him, but for him to issue a statement about one of the things near the bottom of the list is showing that he does not have his priorities correct at this point.

That imo is not correct, they would have been hailed as heroes.

If Murray park is going to be renamed.....How about seeking a sponsor for it???

Granted it wouldn't bring in anywhere near the amount that a Stadium sponsor would get, but every little helps!!! Any money brought in via the training facility via sponsorship could stay with the facility to fund additional coaching or facility upgrades etc.

I think a certain mobile network & crisp manufacturer would work well - The Orange Walkers Training Academy!!!

Great idea.

Tbh i would would seek a sponsor for both MP and Ibrox, we will always call it Ibrox anyway so any money gained would be a bonus imo.

I think a certain mobile network & crisp manufacturer would work well - The Orange Walkers Training Academy!!!

Ha ha ha Can you imagine the outcry from the darkside if that name was used

Would almost be worth changing it to that just to see the reaction :)

I guess I can only speak for myself on this, but I'd certainly have criticised it.

Why? I just dont get this at all.

Alot if not most Rangers fans want MP to be re-named, so why is it a big deal about who or when this is brought up?

If it had been TBK i would have agreed with it and thought it was a good idea, same as i think it's a good idea from Green or anybody that brought it up.

It should never have had the mans name on it in the 1st place.

I might not get lauded for this, but I see no reason to rename Murray Park. To me it was Auchenhowie all along and no matter people will turn it these days, not least with the events leading to the current crisis, SDM brought MP into existence, brought years of success to Rangers FC that goes hand in hand with the squads training there. It is not like a statue we errect for some great deeds or whatnot. Struth never saw it, Cooper never saw it. If they need remembering, they shall get a stand named after them, or a statue errected. If not much good comes out of people's mouths about SDM's tenure, no-one can deny that he build a state of the art training facility at Auchenhowie that was used and will be used by Rangers players past, present and future.

It was in the end much more that brought the club to its knees than solely SDM's EBT stuff or overspending, so people should weigh it all up and hopefully will come to the same opinion of mine.

EDIT: And no, I won't debate this.

Edited by der Berliner

I might not get lauded for this, but I see no reason to rename Murray Park. To me it was Auchenhowie all along and no matter people will turn it these days, not least with the events leading to the current crisis, SDM brought MP into existence, brought years of success to Rangers FC that goes hand in hand with the squads training there. It is not like a statue we errect for some great deeds or whatnot. Struth never saw it, Cooper never saw it. If they need remembering, they shall get a stand named after them, or a statue errected. If not much good comes out of people's mouths about SDM's tenure, no-one can deny that he build a state of the art training facility at Auchenhowie that was used and will be used by Rangers players past, present and future.

It was in the end much more that brought the club to its knees than solely SDM's EBT stuff or overspending, so people should weigh it all up and hopefully will come to the same opinion of mine.

My opinion is that David Murray is an awful man who borrowed, cheated and lied from the very first day he bought Rangers. He was so reckless and egotistical he gambled with our future and got us into a mess which he didn't have the guts to try and sort, so as his last insult sold to someone he knew as a conman.

He is an enemy of Rangers, we don't name things after enemies so the sooner his name is gone from our club totally the better.

Why? I just dont get this at all.

Alot if not most Rangers fans want MP to be re-named, so why is it a big deal about who or when this is brought up?

If it had been TBK i would have agreed with it and thought it was a good idea, same as i think it's a good idea from Green or anybody that brought it up.

It should never have had the mans name on it in the 1st place.

I have 2 main issues with it, both relating to timing:

1. There is a huge list of issues that Green should be commenting on and clarifying. The renaming of Murray Park comes near the very bottom of the list. It seems to be being done to distract us from asking more pertinent questions about the funding of the club going forward. Is that really the thing that Green (or TBKs) should be commenting on or discussing at this point?

2. Emotions are still raw. A more reasoned discussion could take place a couple of years down the line. Green does not know the pros and cons of the argument and appears to be doing it just to get some of the support on-side. If it is to be renamed than I'd like a lot more thought put into it than a couple of names rattled off by a small group of fans in a one-off meeting.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea as such and think it is worthy of discussion, but just not right now.