Further RFFF statement released

"As agreed between Charles Green and the RFFF certain business sensitive information cannot be disclosed at this time.The RFFF is however able to announce that it secured a commitment from Charles Green that he and his consortium will not be mortgaging nor disposing of any of the property assets of Rangers Football Club plc. There will be no arrangement whereby the football club will be required to pay any rental/leasing costs for the use of the property assets now or in the future"

This is something that has been constantly hinted at and used against the Green consortium that he only wanted us to get a hold of the assets, that he was going to sell of and leaseback the stadium and/or training ground.

This is excellant news to come out of the meeting yesterday and should give all Rangers supporters some confidence that at least our club's assets will be intact.

I have no doubt Green's detractors will just move on to the next thing thrown at him, and while I am not going so far as to say he is the new messiah, I do believe in giving folk a fair crack to prove themselves. So far so good for Green in my book, but of course given what has happened before, we are rightly cautious to take it one step at a time.

This is something that has been constantly hinted at and used against the Green consortium that he only wanted us to get a hold of the assets, that he was going to sell of and leaseback the stadium and/or training ground.

This is excellant news to come out of the meeting yesterday and should give all Rangers supporters some confidence that at least our club's assets will be intact.

I have no doubt Green's detractors will just move on to the next thing thrown at him, and while I am not going so far as to say he is the new messiah, I do believe in giving folk a fair crack to prove themselves. So far so good for Green in my book, but of course given what has happened before, we are rightly cautious to take it one step at a time.

It certainly won't be good enough for the guilty until proven innocent brigade.

As ever, the proof is in the pudding. We said this from day 1 with Craig Whyte and the strategy was flawed. So you can understand the reluctance to accept any assertions or spin at face value.

I welcome the assurances provided but unless we get the substantive information promised upon agreement of the CVA (if it gets agreement), then gloves will be off.

It seems anyone who is entertaining public doubts about Charles Green are part of

the guilty until proven innocent brigade
and are

all to happy to accept any negative media spin at face value

Why do so many feel the need to belittle those with a different opinion? It doesn't make you a better man, it really doesn't.

It seems anyone who is entertaining public doubts about Charles Green are part of

and are

Why do so many feel the need to belittle those with a different opinion? It doesn't make you a better man, it really doesn't.

I'm not belittling anyone, people are entitled to their views.

But my opinion is that Green is being treated as guilty until proven innocent by many, rather than just having some healthy balanced scepticism towards him.

I guess the reasonably unclear outcome of the meeting (and either statement) isn't overly brilliant news but, on the other hand, if it were bad news I'm sure the RFFF guys would be shouting from the rooftops.

I'm very happy about the asset commitments but (and I know this is nitpicking) I'd much rather have written guarantees than verbal promises.

Generally people have to stop thinking that because people are being critical of Green, they somehow are against his bid. I'm critical but no more so than I have been of the other bidders - none of whom have been clear enough of their plans.

Fascinating times and I dearly hope we have good news next week.

Why do so many feel the need to belittle those with a different opinion? It doesn't make you a better man, it really doesn't

Im not belittling anybody , far from it and I certainly do not think im better than anybody who post on this forum.

My point I thought was clear enough, we should not accept any assertions or spin at face value but that should work both ways with regards to accepting negative spin.

IMHO I dont see how you conclude from that, that im belittling people or thinking im better than them .

I guess the reasonably unclear outcome of the meeting (and either statement) isn't overly brilliant news but, on the other hand, if it were bad news I'm sure the RFFF guys would be shouting from the rooftops.

I'm very happy about the asset commitments but (and I know this is nitpicking) I'd much rather have written guarantees than verbal promises.

Generally people have to stop thinking that because people are being critical of Green, they somehow are against his bid. I'm critical but no more so than I have been of the other bidders - none of whom have been clear enough of their plans.

Fascinating times and I dearly hope we have good news next week.

You're not one of them Frankie, in fairness i'm not even pointing the finger at this forum mainly, but you know there's plenty of fans who have made their mind up already.