Rangers: Newco may see star players leave

Not quite sure what you mean forlan?

I simply cannot see HMRC sitting back and let an asset sale for £5.5m go through leaving the creditors without a single penny, I imagine if they intend to vote against a CVA they will be in court immediately seeking the installation of BDO as liquidators.

I simply cannot see HMRC sitting back and let an asset sale for £5.5m go through leaving the creditors without a single penny, I imagine if they intend to vote against a CVA they will be in court immediately seeking the installation of BDO as liquidators.

All we can do is hope for the CVA to be approved because I agree with you about HMRC. It's not very likely that they'll sit back and get shafted without trying a preemptive shaft themselves. Maybe that's why Green said "god forbid" when talking about that and when talking about Dave King suggesting opposing the CVA he spoke about it as if Dave King was literally threatening the club's history. Yet again it seems as though we're perhaps not being told the whole truth as to what the hell is going on.

All we can do is hope for the CVA to be approved because I agree with you about HMRC. It's not very likely that they'll sit back and get shafted without trying a preemptive shaft themselves. Maybe that's why Green said "god forbid" when talking about that and when talking about Dave King suggesting opposing the CVA he spoke about it as if Dave King was literally threatening the club's history. Yet again it seems as though we're perhaps not being told the whole truth as to what the hell is going on.

There's absolutely no doubt we're not being told the truth, we're sitting back watching a game being played yet we don't even know what game's being played let alone the players.....:(

Its been stated that The Green Consortium become the new owners on Thursday, regardless of the outcome of the CVA....I take that to mean that if the CVA is rejected, the fallback of the Newco immediately kicks in due to the legally binding contract (??) that's supposed to be in place.

If that is the case, I don't see there being time for HMRC to push for liquidation....

Its been stated that The Green Consortium become the new owners on Thursday, regardless of the outcome of the CVA....I take that to mean that if the CVA is rejected, the fallback of the Newco immediately kicks in due to the legally binding contract (??) that's supposed to be in place.

If that is the case, I don't see there being time for HMRC to push for liquidation....

Even if the CVA is approved on Thursday there is still the 28 day cooling off period during which HMRC could approach the courts to install a liquidator, besides if the CVA is rejected do you honestly think HMRC is going to allow an asset sale which results them receiving sweet f*&k all?

Even if the CVA is approved on Thursday there is still the 28 day cooling off period during which HMRC could approach the courts to install a liquidator, besides if the CVA is rejected do you honestly think HMRC is going to allow an asset sale which results them receiving sweet f*&k all?

Does it matter what we think? The question is what can actually happen? I've also asked the question whether a new bidder with a better CVA might jump in before any liquidation or newco decision is being done. From the way the admins and Green sound, it is either CVA or newco by June 14th. And IMHO it has always been a decision of getting something or nothing, no matter who concludes the administration process.

Does, on the other hand, anyone on here think that HMRC would indeed go the full monty and wind Rangers up to get a few million more? Because one chap did not pay his tax and PAYE as he should have for about a year?

Surely if HMRC approve the CVA then suddenly get cold feet later a judge isn't going to be very inclined to side with them he's more likely to say get on with it.

You also have to ask would HMRC finish Rangers, who will pay them millions for years to come in tax just to prove a point I don't think they will.

Does it matter what we think? The question is what can actually happen? I've also asked the question whether a new bidder with a better CVA might jump in before any liquidation or newco decision is being done. From the way the admins and Green sound, it is either CVA or newco by June 14th. And IMHO it has always been a decision of getting something or nothing, no matter who concludes the administration process.

Does, on the other hand, anyone on here think that HMRC would indeed go the full monty and wind Rangers up to get a few million more? Because one chap did not pay his tax and PAYE as he should have for about a year?

Well we may know some of the answers by next Thursday evening, absolutely nothing has been straight forward since Whyte took over so I don't expect next week to be anything other than a giant clusterf*&k.

Surely if HMRC approve the CVA then suddenly get cold feet later a judge isn't going to be very inclined to side with them he's more likely to say get on with it.

You also have to ask would HMRC finish Rangers, who will pay them millions for years to come in tax just to prove a point I don't think they will.

Duff & Phelps have already agreed that BDO will be liquidators and not Duff & Phelps, it states so in the results of the Creditors' Meeting.

Maybe they don't share the irony in your last sentence...:(