Rangers: Newco may see star players leave

I doubt that there was any irony intended, as GA spoke about years to come. The past, apart from Whyte's reign, is pretty much up to debate (not least since even we don't know whether the EBTs were used correctly or not).

Does it matter what we think? The question is what can actually happen? I've also asked the question whether a new bidder with a better CVA might jump in before any liquidation or newco decision is being done. From the way the admins and Green sound, it is either CVA or newco by June 14th. And IMHO it has always been a decision of getting something or nothing, no matter who concludes the administration process.

Does, on the other hand, anyone on here think that HMRC would indeed go the full monty and wind Rangers up to get a few million more? Because one chap did not pay his tax and PAYE as he should have for about a year?

Not 100% certain this answers the questions you pose but depending on how it's interpreted it may, interesting question nonetheless.

All three believe Green does not have the funds and want to save the club, with at least one confident the CVA proposal can be picked up and altered to make it more attractive to creditors without delaying the process.

The reluctance of fans to challenge Green was in part due to the fear that the alternative was liquidation. They are now realising the fate of the club remains in their hands.

That's from Richard Wilsons article last weekend......http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/show-us-the-money.17769614

Yep. Kennedy always maintained that he'd be there to stave off the newco thread. How that or the above-mentioned three bidders (of whom I think Kennedy is one) could affect any negative outcome of this CVA bid is the bone of contention.

In many ways, we sure have to keep some strong guts for the next 5 days or so, as we will be subject to all sorts of hysteria and horror-mongering. I cannot say I'm positive about the whole scenario, but as Green has said, HMRC knows the plot long enough, even before the CVA proposal. There is no need for them to wait till the last possible moment to say No!. So there's hoping that they will agree and put us out of this misery.

Guest Guardian

I can't see HMRC opposing it. They wouldn't get much in an asset sale and it would engender some risk as they might have ditched a CVA which paid out for a gamble on a sale that doesn't.

Coupled with the negative publicity and political pressure, they'd be nuts to oppose it.

Portsmouth have just put out a CVA for 1p in the pound. It'll be interesting to see if they are treated differently, although I'm well aware they have the football creditors rule down south. That would make it all the stranger if, despite that, they approve Portsmouths and oppose ours.

Who would want to sign on at a club who has been in our state and run as badly as ours? Signings players i think will be as hard as it has ever been, whether those players were already at the club or not and whether we are newco or not. Our name must be mudd in the world of football right now, through no fault of the name itself. :(

People should keep a straight head here. While you would think Earth revolves around Rangers when you live in Scotland (or perhaps England), the rest of the football world hardly recognizes the events unfolding ... apart from a few people who are generally concerned with the Scottish game. Over here we had exactly TWO reports on Rangers' crisis, one proclaiming that we are in trouble and have called in the administrators. The other one being that we look to be safe now as Charles Green will take over (February). Nothing else whatsoever.

As for no-one wanting to come to play for us. There are dozens upon dozens of small and great and legendary football teams out there in Europe and they all have ambitions and want success. Some of them will never leave the realms of mediocrity, some have hardly ever experienced the sweet taste of European football. We had it all and in abundance, so we will sure survive a season or two (or maybe four) without that same level (i.e. not: none at all) of success as we had these last three decades. And there will be footballers drawn to our club, not the prime or first class people, but still footballers of a decent enough level. Decent enough to win games in Scotland, and more importantly for Rangers. We should not set our standards at mediocrity level, but we should base them on reality at this moment and time. For we do not know what the future holds.

Edited by der Berliner