Do Charles Green's recent comments & statements actually stack up?

It's not like I usually take you to task on your posts Zaps, but this time I really do see a pattern. And you can deny it all you like, but I'm clearly not the only one seeing it.

I'm not denying that there's been a pattern in my comments about Charles Green. I've been perfectly open and consistent with my skepticism, criticism and questioning. What I will deny is the implication that I'm building up to something which came from your phrase "anti-Green crescendo". I think you're only perceiving a crescendo because this whole mess is edging ever closer to some sort of conclusion.

Was this a Freudian slip? You believe he's a windbag full of empty and contradictory rhetoric?

I haven't once said that Green's a "windbag full of empty" anything. I have said that he appears to have made contradictions and I have said that I think he talks a lot of nonsense. I think some of the words I've used to describe that nonsense are "waffling", "piffle" and "drivel". :)

It's not an attack, not yet anyway, but you do appear to be organising your infantry.

Again here you're making the implication that I'm building up to something in terms of an all out attack on Charles Green and his consortium which couldn't be further from the truth. There will be plenty of people out there who have actually listed his contradictions, strange comments and all out waffle and have them saved to file, but I'm certainly not one of them. I'm just picking up on things and commenting on them which I think is not only fair, but should really be expected from someone like myself who isn't willing to just gloss over things which don't make sense.

He came out the other day criticising Dave King - it drew a great deal of praise and was regarded as a fine statement. But not from you. It was posted http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?43675-Administration-Statement-June-7-2012 there.

You say "it was posted there". It was me who moved that statement from the Rangers News Feeds sub-forum into Rangers Chat and copied & pasted the article content into the OP. I didn't comment simply because I didn't know what to make of that whole thing. As with Dave King's statement a few months back when he said he thought liquidation was inevitable, I was pretty stunned by King's comments. On one hand I do think Dave King wants the best for the club, but as I've said in other threads he does appear to have an agenda and is certainly still supportive of TBK. It's very difficult to say what King's motives were last week. Is he throwing the dummy out because he hasn't been able to have his preferred consortium (TBK) complete the takeover themselves? Does he not trust or not like Charles Green and his consortium's proposals for the club? I really don't know.

I am sure you wish your caution to be ill-founded, but just at the moment, I can see little from you which goes any way to giving Green a chance.

The only thing I wish for is Rangers to survive this nightmare and end up in good hands ownership wise. If Charles Green and his consortium become the club's new owners then they will get their chance whether we like it or not. If they become the new owners my skepticism and questioning won't just evaporate overnight and I don't know of any reason why it should. The new owners will need to prove themselves with their actions at the helm as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Zappa

will you stop if he's just another patter merchant?

No because i support Rangers not the people that own the club.

Also you and your crew seem to miss the point, were backing the possible take over at Rangers and will back it until this group prove other wise that we should not. Where as you and serveral others have been against him or anybody thats not TBK. So please spare your responce that you not, anybody can see this.

Edited by CumbernauldGers

No because i support Rangers not the people that own the club.

Also you and your crew seem to miss the point, were backing the possible take over at Rangers and will back it until this group prove other wise that we should not. Where as you and serveral others have been against him or anybody thats not TBK. So please spare your responce that you not, anybody can see this.

yeah I heard the same when I was against whyte.

Weill you be man enough to apologise on here to the man, if he does what he says he will do?

absolutely.

if he gets a cva

converts the loan to capital.

has us debt free and puts in 20 to 30 million.

ill say it now he's a genious.

what will you say if its huge cuts, loan stays and whytes still involved?

absolutely.

if he gets a cva

converts the loan to capital.

has us debt free and puts in 20 to 30 million.

ill say it now he's a genious.

what will you say if its huge cuts, loan stays and whytes still involved?

Cuts I'm expecting the loan bit doesn't bother me either way, but I'm with you on Whyte.