Do Charles Green's recent comments & statements actually stack up?

Is Zappa somehow impeding the takeover by raising queries on a message board?

I'm sure that all 2,281 of Gersnet forum members could exert an influence on some situations regarding the club if we were to actually agree on something, but the takeover isn't one of them.

NO, but people are wasting this board and others with there daily attemts to smear the take over with things that they know are not true.

CumbernauldGers now I want to know what has been said that is not true. You keep accusing people but you never give a reason why. I now want to know what has been said that is not true. please back up what you are preaching in almost every thread. You are ruining every thread with these remarks so please enlighten us what all these lies are. If you are right the we can agree with you.

And if he isn't the real deal, will you still have the brass neck to "support" Rangers? :rolleyes:

Yeah because it would be such a bad thing to give somebody the benefit of to see if they are the real deal, it so much better to just make up stuff and claim things that are not true.

Who's making up stuff and claiming things that aren't true in your opinion?

Edit, sorry pete. I didn't see your post before posting!

More important than Green is who he's fronting for.

Have to agree with that.

My own worst fear's always been that the money involved to get preferred bidder status was so low that the bheasts might just be able to afford it.

Beyond that, can anyone have much of a worse character reference than the likes of Whyte, Murray and King?

Seems like nitpicking for me to be honest.

The general jist is that he doesn't see this as a long term job for himself personally.

I'm not so sure if it's nitpicking to say that if he doesn't see this as a long term job for himself maybe he shouldn't have said "My job is to remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30m in the bank" because that's not a short term job.

I suppose it depends which bank the £20-30m is going into right enough! :thinking:

Getting a bit tired of this rather incessant anti-Green crescendo building up from you Zappa. You're trying to dress it up as caution and educated dubiety, but the fact you simply keep harping on about him negatively suggests you have some serious beef with his bid and consortium.

I'm sure you were also critical of other bids too, but I must admit I missed the torrent of threads and comments you made about them in the vein of this one.

We get it, you are super skeptical of Green and you question his honesty and integrity. You question whether he has the club's interests at heart or if he's trying to make a quick buck.

As far as I've seen, he's been pretty transparent from the word go - and the only possible contradiction is the length of his tenure. Personally I see none at all - he never said he was in this for the long haul, just that 'we' are, in other words, his consortium. He personally always said he was intending to fix the club, balance the books, then leave it in the black for good hands to take over. But he never said his consortium was going to depart within a year.

I'm not so sure if it's nitpicking to say that if he doesn't see this as a long term job for himself maybe he shouldn't have said "My job is to remove the debts, get Rangers on a sound footing and put £20-30m in the bank" because that's not a short term job.

I suppose it depends which bank the £20-30m is going into right enough! :thinking:

If he's raised £8.5M from his consortium in a manner of months, I don't see why another £20M is impossible inside a year. Once we are out of admin, there is no evidence to suggest he cannot resolve our issues swiftly. All we need is a stable reliable business model, and that's his modus operandi. It doesn't have to take half a decade to achieve that.