Enemies Within ?

Rubbish. Boss may have written an article or two about the issue but it was hardly the deciding factor in SDM selling the club to a chancer.

Fact is, the vast majority of Rangers fans, didn't question the sale to Whyte. We're all guilty in that respect.

yeah but the articles main thrust is overeating the influence of idiots on the internet.

I would say those two would fit the thrust of that article perfectly.

Fact is, the vast majority of Rangers fans, didn't question the sale to Whyte. We're all guilty in that respect.

I don't agree with this one. There were plenty of questions asked and the answers sounded good - so how can you see the future? The fans had little power in any case to do the direct asking or stopping the sale. There was maybe some wishful thinking but when you're drowning you don't hang around looking for shit on the only branch proffered to save you.

Rubbish. Boss may have written an article or two about the issue but it was hardly the deciding factor in SDM selling the club to a chancer.

Have to agree to do otherwise would give the articles in question a significance they don't merit.

Too many formed the view that anyone was better than Murray and blinded themselves to the bigger picture.

Too many formed the view that anyone was better than Murray and blinded themselves to the bigger picture.

So what is the bigger picture? Please explain it as you seem to act like you know something we don't, but then repeatedly refuse to tell us...

If it was so obvious, why couldn't you have informed us then, and why can't you inform us now?

So what is the bigger picture? Please explain it as you seem to act like you know something we don't, but then repeatedly refuse to tell us...

If it was so obvious, why couldn't you have informed us then, and why can't you inform us now?

That Whyte was a shyster pure and simple.

I did state it at the time and continued to do so throughout his tenure (and I was far from alone in doing so) but the vast majority simply didn't want to hear it ergo the bannings, the cries of Timmy, Taig, Fenian cunt, Kerryfail accountant yada, yada, yada, that's not with the benefit of hindsight or even claiming the gift of foresight but by a pragmatic look at the facts and drawing a conclusion from that.

Problem is stating some is a shyster without backing it up just looks like mudslinging.

What evidence did you show? What did you propose to do about it? What alternative did you propose that would save the club?

Given the information of the last year, I can't think of a workable scenario. Something had to be done about the gorilla - it seems like Whyte thought he had found a way, but it didn't work out the way he hoped. However, the corpse of the gorilla has been delivered in any case - at a huge cost to the club. But what was the alternative?

Problem is stating some is a shyster without backing it up just looks like mudslinging.

What evidence did you show? What did you propose to do about it? What alternative did you propose that would save the club?

Given the information of the last year, I can't think of a workable scenario. Something had to be done about the gorilla - it seems like Whyte thought he had found a way, but it didn't work out the way he hoped. However, the corpse of the gorilla has been delivered in any case - at a huge cost to the club. But what was the alternative?

He did back it up!

That Whyte was a shyster pure and simple.

I did state it at the time and continued to do so throughout his tenure (and I was far from alone in doing so) but the vast majority simply didn't want to hear it ergo the bannings, the cries of Timmy, Taig, Fenian cunt, Kerryfail accountant yada, yada, yada, that's not with the benefit of hindsight or even claiming the gift of foresight but by a pragmatic look at the facts and drawing a conclusion from that.

Regardless of our individual opinions on his motives, the fans had no say who Murray sold to. We have had no say in who D&P sold to.

If Green turns out to be a shyster then we can protest about it in the time-honoured, traditional way fans do when they want rid of the board. And that's all we could have done about Whyte. Would it have affected the outcome if we had?

Thinking a prospective owner has malign intentions and proving it are two different things.

Proving a prospective owner has malign intentions and preventing him from carrying them out are two different things.