Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

My god this is great news, you go off the net for an hour or so and this happens.

Is this a goer than guys?

If Green's got any sense, yes is is a goer.

Or the dubious sounding "binding contract" thing might turn out to be bogus, in which case it's not even up to him.

So, in summary, I don't know.

I guess it might also come down to how much Green and co have actually stumped up this far. If they have an agreement to buy the newco for 5.5M and rumours were saying they'd yet to actually pay most of it, then they could in theory accept 6M and still have doubled their money! Or they want to see just how much they can get so open bidding to all comers which might take longer?

Wait a minute here guys.

In fairness to all the goings on over the last few months, where the hell have these guys been, and why have they waited until our club is liquidated, ensuring years in the wilderness both at home and abroad, before coming in and saying "we'll take it from here guys".

For one, I dont and will never trust Douglas Park in a Rangers sense. He has had the chance for years to buy our club and has always refused to come up with the cash. His involvement in the blue nae-cash knights was a total catastrophe and his leaking of stories and manipulation of our situation this last few months leaves me with a very very sour taste in my mouth.

Ask anyone who works at Weir's pumps in Cathcart about Jim McColl and they will tell you not to trust him with anything. He has done the dirty on them time and time again, and it is very debatable if he has the necessary available cash to fund the club through these coming dark days.

I share everyone's delight in the announcement from Walter that he is involved in this, and that is one man we really can trust with our club, but lets be honest it smells a bit like he is getting used as a front for guys with no credibility. I hope he knows what he is letting himself in for.

And finally, the timing absolutely stinks. It is a kick in the stones to every one of us Rangers fans who has been on anti-depressants this week since the news broke that HMRC were going to spend millions of taxpayers money to liquidate rather than recover what it could from the cash on offer.

I dont share my fellow bears sense of glee here today. Perhaps the wounds are yet still too sore. Perhaps it is the stench of the vultures ready to pounce on the carcass of our club. Perhaps it is the spidey-sense tingling that this is not all it is made out to be.

Does this change the fact that our club was allowed to die? No.

Does this change the fact that we are going to be out of Europe for at least 3 seasons? No.

Does this change the fact that we are either going to be in Division 3 next season or severely handicapped in the SPL? No.

Sorry if i dont get all worked up and excited at the mere mention of Walter's name. I assume this new group's credentals and business plan are going to be examined with a fine tooth comb in a similar fashion to all the others? Or do we not give a toss about this now because Walter is involved?

Can we get Walter's avatar back on the SSN feeds ? :thup:

Am I the only one whose hairs on the back of their necks stood up when reading that Walter was looking to buy Rangers... the use of Jim McColl's name didnt go amiss either...

All of a sudden I am cautiously excited again !!

I am fucking greeting prick that I am.

I must admit it is interesting news,...........................but,I agree with the where have you been posts!,there has been too many kicks in the balls for this bear to get overly excited,and if it does go through I think CG should not be targeted,at least he has stepped up to the plate when all these guys never,and no I'm not a CG supporter