Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

The shares of the newco will =100% it in turns owns 100% of the club, at least one investor must presently own over 15%.

I would assume everyone who has invested so far or fills any position announced by Green (and he himself) will own shares in the newco, but none more than 15%. So there should be enough shares left to grab, I would assume.

There's no way the Smith group could have come forward before the BTC was solved, one way or the other. No sane businessman, Bluenose or not, would voluntarily accept a potential bill of £100m of someone else's debt.

It may be ruthless - indeed it is - but some sane financial management is what we need. Hopefully this is the first act of a new era, where money spent is as close as possible to monies raised.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Longer than Ian Hart perhaps!

Did Green made a definite statement saying that Hart was in his consortium?* Or was he saying that Ian Hart belongs to the group of people contacted? Methinks one of the people approached said that he declined the offer or the way it was being done?

*E.g., the DR made a total mess out of the Ally McCoist story and I wonder whether Green mentioned Hart in any official statement as a definite member (sic!) of his consortium. I for one wouldn't trust the press in the current climate, even if they were telling me that McCoist's surname was Allister.