I think we'd all have more peace of mind with Walter at the helm rather than Green, but we've got to be realistic about this.

You can't expect Green to walk away without recouping his money. It's easy to point to the fact that he wants to make a profit out of Rangers as a big negative, but I suspect (and I could easily be wrong) that he's basing his business model on what Fergus McCann did. He wasn't very popular and he made a fat profit, but his tenure paid off long-term.

I think we'd all have more peace of mind with Walter at the helm rather than Green, but we've got to be realistic about this.

You can't expect Green to walk away without recouping his money. It's easy to point to the fact that he wants to make a profit out of Rangers as a big negative, but I suspect (and I could easily be wrong) that he's basing his business model on what Fergus McCann did. He wasn't very popular and he made a fat profit, but his tenure paid off long-term.

Fergus was in a time of growth in football. he was also a celtc fan who had been looking to invest for decades in celtc. he also paid of all their debt before selling on.

I would see Walters consortium as more like Fergus personally.

Does nobody else think that until we see both consortium's business plans, fully financed, then how can we possibly begin to understand which is better for our club to begin its recovery process.

The next few seasons are going to be very very difficult with no Euro income and either SFL football or uncompetitive SPL football which is not really all that attractive to potential ST holders. Add in a dreadful economic climate and running our football club for the next 3-5 years is going to be a really really tough gig.

I want to see what the plans are. I want to be able to buy into them. Neither the current owner (Green) nor the vulture consortium (McColl) have given me anything to be able to do this.

What am I missing here that makes everyone so positive all of a sudden? Please tell me as I could certainly do with something to be positive about when it comes to our club just now.

I am undecided about renewing my season ticket but I can certainly understand calls to hold off renewing for now. After we all cautiously welcomed Whyte last year I am no longer willing to simply back the guy standing at Ibrox with a Rangers tie on and hope for the best. I want security and a certainty that the guys at the top have not ulterior motive. If we wait for players to leave, and possibly our manager to join them, then it will be too late.

I also find it sad that the main focus for some appears to be one person's quotes contained within an article. John Macmillan also said the same as Mark Dingwall yet nobody seems to be mention that.

While I agree with much of what MD says, I do think they should be asking more questions (or at least providing answers) if they are advocating season ticket boycotts. Same with John of course.

:)

While I agree with much of what MD says, I do think they should be asking more questions (or at least providing answers) if they are advocating season ticket boycotts. Same with John of course.

:)

Absolutely Frankie. The fact they have yet again jumped the gun and given carte blanche support to a group looking to buy the club is absolutely staggeringly incompetant.

Surely they had to learn from their many mistakes over this last year or so that you scrutinise first, support later. But it seems that only works with those you dont instantly like, or dont have any history with. Many will have to consider their positions when all this is done.

Absolutely Frankie. The fact they have yet again jumped the gun and given carte blanche support to a group looking to buy the club is absolutely staggeringly incompetant.

Surely they had to learn from their many mistakes over this last year or so that you scrutinise first, support later. But it seems that only works with those you dont instantly like, or dont have any history with. Many will have to consider their positions when all this is done.

The Trust seem confident they know enough about the bid to give it their support.

Hopefully they'll share some of that info soon to put people's minds at rest.

The Trust seem confident they know enough about the bid to give it their support.

Hopefully they'll share some of that info soon to put people's minds at rest.

Ha what bid and what bidders would that be mate?

How many have they backed as there no 1 choice now?