SFA seeks SPL, SFL merger

Could it be that if the SFL & SPL join it would block any application to the SFL?.

And force us to accept the invite to the SPL with heavy sanctions,blackmail?.

If they merge the SPL & SFL before the vote on us being allowed back in it would possibly give the other Scottish clubs the option of booting us out of Scottish football altogether!

I think the idea of basically scrapping the dual SPL & SFL is a fantastic idea - one league structure, run by the national body, with one set of rules & regulations.

However trying to rush things through in a couple of weeks isn't the way to do it. If your going to overhaul the league structure it needs to be done properly with the correct regulations in place - BEFORE IT GOES LIVE!!!

It's a crazy system they have in first place but their should only be one body that runs Scottish Football.

But any changes that they make should be made after the current Rangers situation has been resolved anything else would only leave them open to more criticism which surely they want to avoid.

It's only 17 years since Rinus Michels recommended in his report on Scottish Football that there should only be one organisation covering all Scottish football but alas the blazers knew better than the man who gave us "Total Football".

I agree with the posts saying that merging the organisations is the right thing, but the reasoning and timing of this just isn't credible at all.

It stinks to high heaven of being a way to somehow shaft Rangers rather than what such a merger should be about, which is improving the governance of the Scottish game and the game itself.

People should keep notes on all this for the days to come. We saw the SFA / SPL giving the Hooped Horrors every lee-way they wanted since roundabout 2008. Their people can walk essentially unpunsihed while we faced up to Lafferty's Law, the Aluko ban and whatnot. We saw the Scum getting players' and even the fair play award after they shafted referees and argued decision all season long. Now the 25-point-pnelaty stuff, being all over the Scum-boards before the SPL/SFA sat together and suddenly came to the same brilliant idea. The arrogance that drips out of these people and their lapdog press beggars belief.

There are days when I actually think that us going down for a year to Division One should be the option taken. For without us the Scum may win another title, but throughout the season, this whole lot will suffer. As the Pogues (yes, I know ... and I chose it on purpose): To hell or Connacht, may they burn in hell tonight!

This seems to be coming from the SFA more than it is from the SPL...I just don't understand why they would go along with this so meekly. They are the body that stand to benefit or lose the most in all this. It leads me to think that Doncaster and Regan are cooking up a plan to avoid dealing with the whole situation at all by forming a new league structure including Rangers.

This seems to be coming from the SFA more than it is from the SPL...I just don't understand why they would go along with this so meekly. They are the body that stand to benefit or lose the most in all this. It leads me to think that Doncaster and Regan are cooking up a plan to avoid dealing with the whole situation at all by forming a new league structure including Rangers.

But with Rangers at what level? Any thoughts?

But with Rangers at what level? Any thoughts?

That's the worry Jim, they want us but they want us severely impaired and we're just going to have to wear it. The Div3 thing is a non-starter, it would do us more damage than some fans are willing to admit. Three years is a long time to be without top flight football and even with our fantastic support it would still have a massive impact on us. Investors will not be willing to pump money into a lower league club, some fans will drift away and our playing squad will have to reflect the league and wage structure we're in at the time. Our best bet is to challenge what punitive measures we can and grudgingly accept the rest.

No Europe for min 3 years is almost certain, a points deduction for one season and a transfer embargo (except free's and U18's) is in my view also very likely. It's totally over the top but given the pressure on the SFA/SPL and individual Chairmen I think it's highly unlikely we'll get by with anything less.