Interesting Old Article By Jim Spence

Jim is one of the prime BBC football pundits and has appeared on Radio 5 and other network programmes about the issue.

Ignoring clear examples of bias is not an option. Simple.

Prime BBC football pundit? I guess a lot has changed since I last heard from him - he was an irrelevant wee nyat before. And I'm not entirely convinced he's anything other than that despite getting a bit of airtime.

Btw, please don't accuse me of 'ignoring clear examples of bias' when you know fine well I've been vocal in objection to the BBC.

You saying that to me is not dissimilar to your own objection when this site was compared to the BBC recently. Unfair and unwarranted.

Anyway, let us move on.

He's in a position on Sportsound and at the BBC in general (website blog, other radio shows etc) to influence public opinion and also to misrepresent public opinion which he has done a lot in recent months.

Like I say, I have seen nothing from him in the past year.

And I suspect no one would be whining about him now if one person had not seen his hypocritical Dundee blog and raised attention to it.

I resent that!

I've been whining about him for a good few weeks, now. No-one has been more whiny, in fact.

Haha, ok, I stand corrected Steel.

Maybe the guy has more influence than I originally suspected, but I really didn't like the tone I was being addressed in with regards this. Not by you.

Like I say, I have seen nothing from him in the past year.

And I suspect no one would be whining about him now if one person had not seen his hypocritical Dundee blog and raised attention to it.

I haven't even read his Dundee blog, so that's not why I commented. I often listen to the Sportsound podcasts (replays) to see what's been getting said and Mr Spence has been one of the leading anti-Rangers/kill Rangers commentators during this whole saga.

I haven't even read his Dundee blog, so that's not why I commented. I often listen to the Sportsound podcasts (replays) to see what's been getting said and Mr Spence has been one of the leading anti-Rangers/kill Rangers commentators during this whole saga.

Then he is a raging hypcrite. But still not a relevant one, despite some airtime. Just because you work for the BBC and possess an opinion, it doesn't mean people take it seriously. Look at Chick ffs! He's the most lampooned guy around and he is in as big a position as Spence, if not bigger.

Then he is a raging hypcrite. But still not a relevant one, despite some airtime. Just because you work for the BBC and possess an opinion, it doesn't mean people take it seriously. Look at Chick ffs! He's the most lampooned guy around and he is in as big a position as Spence, if not bigger.

You may not read his blog or listen to him, you aren't the only one, myself included. However others do and a person who has the job within the media has to give an impartial view, as he is a reporter and he managed to do that with his rival club but not us, poor editing standards, plus he is given the platform to spout nonsense as well.

Don't get me started on Chick or Richard Gordon...

Should we not be pointing out the indiscrepancies in his reporting rather making personal attacks. I personally couldn't care less about who he supports or what he writes for that matter. As long as it is consistent. If he thinks Rangers deserve to die, then he should be saying the same about Dundee or any other club in a similar situation. All clubs that end up in administration generally do so for the same reason "they can't pay bills".

If he doesn't then we should be asking why. Why does he differentiate between the two. It may be for the reasons on here and on twitter this evening. But he should be made to justify his comments if he doesn't then he loses credibility as a journalist