Interesting Old Article By Jim Spence

Had you heard his on air screaming about everything Rangers over the last few months, Danny, you would not be wondering this.

His pain at the thought of us coming out of our agony in a few years under Smith's consortium was hilarious. I actually think he will be the first ever person to suffer a fatal heart attack brought on by hatred of Rangers FC. That's some sort of immortality, I guess.

Had you heard his on air screaming about everything Rangers over the last few months, Danny, you would not be wondering this.

His pain at the thought of us coming out of our agony in a few years under Smith's consortium was hilarious. I actually think he will be the first ever person to suffer a fatal heart attack brought on by hatred of Rangers FC. That's some sort of immortality, I guess.

I haven't listened to Radio Scotland for a very, very long time. I literally haven't heard the man's voice for maybe a year if not more.

Having seen none of this I can only take your word for it. He really does strike me as a total irrelevance - I'm not sure when he gained so much credibility that our fans react furiously to his hypocrisy.

Yes, let's just ignore such people who we pay to be impartial. :thup:

Yes, let's just ignore such people who we pay to be impartial. :thup:

I...detect slight hostility. Maybe my post was being too deadpan - I am pointing out Jim Spence is a complete irrelevance and his opinions on things are not worthy of getting worked up about. He has no influence, doesn't get the chance to make TV programs which get aired to millions, and isn't even as useful as a pundit.

It's not like I haven't attacked the BBC before, you know I have.

Not sure why you reacted in this manner to my post.

has Spence surfaced on Twitter?

Yes, he tweeted some unrelated blog about suggesting RFC fans should be doing do more to challenge Whyte.

A rather misguided attempt to curry favour. Poor Jim!

I...detect slight hostility. Maybe my post was being too deadpan - I am pointing out Jim Spence is a complete irrelevance and his opinions on things are not worthy of getting worked up about. He has no influence, doesn't get the chance to make TV programs which get aired to millions, and isn't even as useful as a pundit.

It's not like I haven't attacked the BBC before, you know I have.

Not sure why you reacted in this manner to my post.

Jim is one of the prime BBC football pundits and has appeared on Radio 5 and other network programmes about the issue.

Ignoring clear examples of bias is not an option. Simple.

I am pointing out Jim Spence is a complete irrelevance and his opinions on things are not worthy of getting worked up about. He has no influence, doesn't get the chance to make TV programs which get aired to millions, and isn't even as useful as a pundit.

He's in a position on Sportsound and at the BBC in general (website blog, other radio shows etc) to influence public opinion and also to misrepresent public opinion which he has done a lot in recent months.