SPL to vote on July 4

How hard can it be to organise? The chairmen of all the SPL clubs will have known a date for voting was on the horizon. They'll all be sitting rubbing their hands with excitement wishing it was sooner.

"A 14-day notice period will be required before the 12 top-flight clubs can meet to discuss whether to allow newco Rangers into the SPL"

Dont know why they need 14 days notice but seems they do .

Sorry, just noticed Gunslinger and Zappa beat me to it :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

14 days notice is apparently required and despite green claiming to have applied last Thursday its only been done today.

Aye, that's it GS. 14 days from the receipt of the application in writing.

It's actually quite convenient for the new owners that the SPL won't vote on whether we play in the SPL next season or not until 2 days after the ST renewal deadline. Well played!

Apparently the SPL's own bureaucracy meant that following Green's CVA failure they had to call a meeting today to formally arrange the voting meeting in 14 days time.

What a farce I thought the decision was today, not to organise a meeting for another meeting i mean ffs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sport.stv.tv/football/106806-...ir-own-words/?

Aberdeen

Duncan Fraser, chief executive: “A large number of our supporters have made their views and feelings very clear and as a club I can assure everyone that these are being taken into account. The integrity of sport in general and football in particular must be central to any decision.

“This issue has our full attention and we will communicate any decision we take in relation to this situation with our supporters in a transparent way at an appropriate time.” Thursday, June 14

Celtic

Peter Lawwell, chief executive: “We are fully aware of our supporters’ concerns regarding the current situation across Scottish football and the breadth of opinion within our supporter base. The issues are complex and there is much uncertainty.

“Our guiding principle is that we will do what is in the best interests of Celtic Football Club and our supporters, consistent with upholding the interests and reputation of Scottish football. I can also give assurance that we will communicate further and directly with supporters at the appropriate time.” Thursday, May 10

Dundee United

Stephen Thompson, chairman: “We are at a major crossroad for Scottish football and, significantly, the future of many clubs. It is appropriate that the SPL shareholders and the individual boards are allowed time to reflect and privately discuss this matter in the best interests of Scottish football.

“Before making any decisions, Dundee United will continue our dialogue with our supporters’ representative groups and listen to our customers’ views.” Thursday, June 14

Heart of Midlothian

Sergejus Fedotovas, director: “Justice is very important but lessons learned are more valuable. Rangers’ situation has shown certain problems and many clubs see punishing Rangers as the most important objective.

“Scottish football should not be narrow-minded and should not put all focus on the punishment, but address the roots of the problem. Some problems are personal to individual clubs but there are a lot of systematic problems that should be addressed by acting together.” Friday, May 25

Hibernian

Rod Petrie, chairman: “Fundamental to us at our club is to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards.

“It’s not a question of any sum of money in return for that integrity – integrity is beyond purchase. It’s important that all clubs can have a place within football, provided they have earned it in a sporting sense and have abided by the rules.” Tuesday, May 15

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Kenny Cameron, chairman: “It is never good to see a Scottish club going into liquidation and it is a pity that Rangers have come to such a position. In the first instance we will sit down as a board and consider what the various potential outcomes are and how the different scenarios may play out.

"Any speculation by certain parties as to how ICTFC may or may not vote on a newco is purely that, speculation, and we find it strange that some seem to know how ICTFC would vote under certain circumstances - they must have a crystal ball." Wednesday, June 13

Kilmarnock

Michael Johnston, chairman: “You have got to be very careful not to come in too heavily with penalties and points deductions or financial penalties going forward which actually put people off investing in that club and trying to make it healthy.

“How many more penalties should be piled on top of a club that is trying to recover from a desperate situation and a group of people who have no part to play in the bad things that have happened in the past?" Tuesday, May 22

Motherwell

Board statement: “Motherwell FC are in the process of arranging a forum to discuss the issue with supporters of the club. Following that meeting, the board will meet and agree the club’s position and ultimately how we will vote if the meeting takes place as planned.

“The ‘Newco’ issue is often portrayed as a straight choice between preserving sporting integrity and clubs accepting a reduction in gate money together with potentially a significant amount of commercial revenue. In reality it is far more complex than that. We are fully aware that an overwhelming majority of our fans and most others, who have so far expressed an opinion, are totally opposed to ‘Newco’ being allowed immediately back into the SPL.” Monday, June 18

Rangers

Charles Green, owner ‘The Rangers Football Club’: "An application has already been made by the company to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the SPL. "These applications will be considered over the next few weeks and I will continue to have discussions with the football authorities in relation to the Club's position.” Thursday, June 14

Ross County

Roy McGregor, chairman: “I will listen to the arguments. I will not prejudge. We are taking a calculated risk on our budget for next season and it was done before this situation. It will make no difference.” Wednesday, June 13

St Johnstone

Steve Brown, chairman: “If I’ve got a vote then I certainly will not let Rangers in without sanctions. That will not happen. The feeling from the people I’ve spoken to from within the chairmen’s ranks is that they won’t let Rangers in with a ‘get out free card’. “I think Rangers themselves and the majority of supporters accept that they’re going to have to get some form of punishment. That’s wholly accepted throughout the game. It has to happen.” Tuesday, May 22

St Mirren

Board statement: “The board of directors as well as all other St Mirren supporters totally understands the sense of injustice felt at this time instigated by the way in which another club in our league has conducted their affairs. “Once all the facts are available to the board of directors, they shall take any decisions that are required, in the best interests of St Mirren Football Club only as their guiding line.” Monday, June 18

Does anyone know what actually takes place at the meeting?

"what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" (just substitute "Vegas" with Hampden)

Are there arguements for and against etc. Or do they just vote?

Most of the SPL member clubs have already been getting together and having discussions about it.

I think that on the day they'll turn up, exchange pleasantries (and last minute whispers), then anonymously vote on the matter.