Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

Then why all this 'good luck with Green' stuff like you're leaving us behind?

I said good luck to green. I was wishing him well in the spirit of healing divisions.

I am not keen on what tannochside said about press stories from tbk. simply because they were right about whyte all along.

I think we should take each story on its merits regardless of source. I understand tannochside doesn't like tbk. that's fair enough. I didn't like miller but I knew he wasn't wrong about everything.

I can't see many people who would spend four months buying a house with all the surveys, searches and conveyancing and the stess that goes with it all, then after moving in with all the expenses that goes with it and then immediately sell for 10% more than their purchase price.

If they actually want to live there, then you'd have to offer them big money; if they are in it for the investment over a few years, you'd have to cover their expenses and then make it really worth their while - probably well over half what they'd eventually seek to make.

If people can afford it then i'd expect them to pay, yes.

Will be a poor show if they don't.

it won't happen universally so i can't see it happening at all, if some fans want to pay that then great but some won't, will you? I will be going wherever we are playing next season but will not renew my season ticket (if i have/need to) until after the vote on july 4th and i think the majority will be the same.

the public ticket price will be much lower as well for div3 and as been said before it could go back to paying at the gate as the ground won't be full.

I can't see many people who would spend four months buying a house with all the surveys, searches and conveyancing and the stess that goes with it all, then after moving in with all the expenses that goes with it and then immediately sell for 10% more than their purchase price.

If they actually want to live there, then you'd have to offer them big money; if they are in it for the investment over a few years, you'd have to cover their expenses and then make it really worth their while - probably well over half what they'd eventually seek to make.

unless they can't afford the mortgage.

Walter clearly thought that was the case and it isn't.

@tannochsidebear

I am surprised to hear the suggestion that Paul Murray and TBK are behind Smith's takeover bid. But then, I am also surprised and confused by the apparent motivations and conclusions that Smith's consortium appears to have drawn.

Yet again it is us, the fans, who are shafted through spin and misinformation.

I suppose, ultimately, you the ticket value has to reflect where you want to be rather than where you are.

I disagree with that. That's for customers not fans, especially not informed fans.

The price of the ticket reflects the expenses of the club divided by the number of people who buy the tickets. It's not usually profit making - it's more like a club ball. If you want decent food and a decent band and a decent venue, then you need to charge a certain price that is the expenses divided by the number of people who come. The higher the quality fayre and the less people, the more you need to charge. If nobody wants to pay much and not many want to go then you'll end up in a shit venue, with a shit band and shit food.

We're basically doing a whip-round for the Rangers team, not the opposition. If you don't pony up then you get what you pay for.

Maybe a better example is paying a high price in your local pub for a pint as they need to do so to stay open, when some huge pub in town charges the same for more salubrious surrounds and better totty.

Edited by calscot